Live on Majesty of the Seas first cruise to Cuba

We booked this cruise a couple of months ago not knowing it was the Majesty's first Cuba trip.

Left Orlando at 9.00am and on the ship in the bar at 10.55, parked at the Port of Tampas parking all pretty seamless.

Ship sailed empty form Port Canaveral yesterday so crew seem genuinely relaxed, happy and excited to see Cuba.

Any questions let me know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your update as we’re on a very similar itinerary on Majesty in June.

Can you let us know if there’s a formal night scheduled? For some reason I was thinking Majesty and Empress didn’t do formal nights, but I may be making that up.

We booked this cruise a couple of months ago not knowing it was the Majesty's first Cuba trip.

Left Orlando at 9.00am and on the ship in the bar at 10.55, parked at the Port of Tampas parking all pretty seamless.

Ship sailed empty form Port Canaveral yesterday so crew seem genuinely relaxed, happy and excited to see Cuba.

Following

I'm thrilled you are doing this! I'll be on this very same cruise next week. It's been hard to find much information about it since, to my knowledge, this is the first time Majesty has EVER done this itinerary?

I echo what someone else said: Would love to know if there's a formal night. Really don't want to pack a dress and formal shoes if I don't have to/won't use it. Can't wait to learn more!

Looking forward to your update as we’re on a very similar itinerary on Majesty in June.

Can you let us know if there’s a formal night scheduled? For some reason I was thinking Majesty and Empress didn’t do formal nights, but I may be making that up.

Empress has no formal night. We sailed Majesty in January and there was a formal night. In fact, I was surprised at how many were dressed up.

Enjoy your cruise in June. We did Cuba on Empress last year and loved every minute of it.

M

Very interested in your trip report. Hubby really wants to do a Cuba cruise and me I want to go to see Cuba but I am a very big ship kind of person. I like minimal movement and am afraid I'd be sick on this class of ship. Curious to see and hear about your adventures.

Barbara

I've been waiting for someone to report on Majesty to Cuba cruise, and am anxious to hear all about it!!;) Thanks so much for doing a report on your cruise!:* We'll be cruising to Cuba on Majesty from Tampa in October! Cheers!:cool:

Excited for this review. 8 of us are sailing on the May 19th cruise. Looking forward to Cuba, drinking some rum, and hoping we all make it back to the ship. Please enjoy, be safe, and keep us all informed.

Can’t wait to hear about what you thought about the ship and Cuba. How was the embarkation process in Cuba? I hope you’re having a great time.

Less than a month for me ..... 😎

I too would like confirmation regarding formal night. Understand Majesty has had it on the non-Cuba sailings. RCL reps had conflicting information for the new Cuba sailings. We are on the 5/23 sailing and the 2nd night is the Cuba overnight, Cozumel departure is 9pm & can’t imagine they would have it on the last night. Thanks in advance for letting us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes! I’m elated you’re doing this and Thank You. Will you please post the cruise compass for your trip? We leave in less than a month and are trying to make plans onboard and off the ship. Also, if you’re doing an excursion and you’re by chance near the old vintage cars, can you check the pricing on their tours and whether they take USD or CUC? I hear they offer good deals. Thanks!

Yes! I’m elated you’re doing this and Thank You. Will you please post the cruise compass for your trip? We leave in less than a month and are trying to make plans onboard and off the ship. Also, if you’re doing an excursion and you’re by chance near the old vintage cars, can you check the pricing on their tours and whether they take USD or CUC? I hear they offer good deals. Thanks!

Check out: http://havanatourcompany.com/

I planned my own private 2 day tour based on their offerings, which includes the Classic Convertible Car tour. I worked with Erin, who was very responsive and answered all of my questions. They take USD. Check them out.

PS From my research, the Classic Cars are impossible to book the day of - sold out!

Hi

Question for the OP. So you planned a two day itinerary on your own and not through RC?

I have been hesitant to book a cruise to Cuba because the excursions are so expensive through RC and all that I want to do is not offered through RC.

But I am worried about the legal requirements of booking on my own.

Any insight would be appreciated

Thank you!