Brisbane cruise terminal - BICT

Looks like the new terminal will go ahead

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/conditional-approval-for-port-of-brisbane-carnival

Sent from my G3125 using Forums mobile app

Carnival dont go into Brisbane so are they going to have a cruise line there or does the article mean to say Carnival Corp which includes princess and p&o

i reread it again and it says this

Carnival is currently the only cruise operator regularly running cruises out of Brisbane, but this could change over the next 15-18 years

so it must mean Carnival Corp

Edited by rkmw

Carnival dont go into Brisbane so are they going to have a cruise line there or does the article mean to say Carnival Corp which includes princess and p&o

i reread it again and it says this

Carnival is currently the only cruise operator regularly running cruises out of Brisbane, but this could change over the next 15-18 years

so it must mean Carnival Corp

Yes, they are referring to the parent company of Carnival Corp which owns P&O, Princess, Carnival amongst other lines

Apparently Carnival and Port of Brisbane are “considering their response” to these conditions. Seems to me like the 2 conditions are fair so I hope no one decides to be pig headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently Carnival and Port of Brisbane are “considering their response” to these conditions. Seems to me like the 2 conditions are fair so I hope no one decides to be pig headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully they will be sensible, if it goes ahead it will be a great boost to the area and cruising.:D

Have to be an improvement on ye olde Grain Terminal at Fishermands Island, embarrassment when we berthed there last year on QM2, Sydney-HK, the Poms thought they were in a 3rd world country. I told them they were in Qld, time warp State, lol.:loudcry::eek:

I think the White bay terminal is a very functional terminal, it is not ugly and it works very well, the main issue I have with it, is the actual location. I have 3 points:

No public transport to get to it except for the ferry;

It has nothing around it (shops, etc) except for the café inside; and

Only the smaller ships can get to it.

Who cruises to see the terminal? Have completed segments of 2 world cruises and quite a few others around the world. Many terminals are in commercial ports and you have to be bussed past the containers etc to reach gates, Fisherman’s Island with the large white marquee they use is much better than a lot of these ports.

Memories of the places I saw at the ports stay with me, the terminal is just a way of getting out there.

Who cruises to see the terminal? Have completed segments of 2 world cruises and quite a few others around the world. Many terminals are in commercial ports and you have to be bussed past the containers etc to reach gates, Fisherman’s Island with the large white marquee they use is much better than a lot of these ports.

Memories of the places I saw at the ports stay with me, the terminal is just a way of getting out there.

Agreed, although it is nice to arrive at a great terminal right close to the main port attractions.

Yeah, but only allowed a maximum of 4 out of 7 days a week & 2 of the 3 prime departure days (Fri, Sat & Sun). As strongly rumoured on Carnival forums. The Spirit will be sailing out of there on weekly 7 day cruises to the Island. leave on a Saturday & come back on Saturday morn. Just like they have on carnival USA..

Fisherman’s Island with the large white marquee they use is much better than a lot of these ports.

Fisherman's island is not only ugly, it is also in the back end of nowhere.

Cruise terminals are like airports, a nice one is not necessary but it does make for a better trip.

Has anyone been out to the site for the new terminal to see if they have broken ground yet?

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Fisherman's island is not only ugly, it is also in the back end of nowhere.

Cruise terminals are like airports, a nice one is not necessary but it does make for a better trip.

Has anyone been out to the site for the new terminal to see if they have broken ground yet?

That ground is definitely broken, as it needs to be fixed (cleaned) first.

Will the new facility have direct access from the airport?

By direct access do you mean shuttle buses and such?

The cruise terminal will be at Luggage Point (I really hope they keep that name) which almost adjoins the southern boundary of the airport.

Unfortunately, the airport terminals are on the north side of the airport and the runways are between them and the new cruise terminal. So we will have to drive around the airport the long way to go from one to the other. I'd guess a distance of about 10 km. As the crow (or 747) flies they are about 1-2 km apart.

There is a 303 bus from Doomben station to Myrtletown, which will get you to within about 500 metres of Luggage Point.

You would think it would be easy to run that bus to the new terminal.

By direct access do you mean shuttle buses and such?

The cruise terminal will be at Luggage Point (I really hope they keep that name) which almost adjoins the southern boundary of the airport.

Unfortunately, the airport terminals are on the north side of the airport and the runways are between them and the new cruise terminal. So we will have to drive around the airport the long way to go from one to the other. I'd guess a distance of about 10 km. As the crow (or 747) flies they are about 1-2 km apart.

There is a 303 bus from Doomben station to Myrtletown, which will get you to within about 500 metres of Luggage Point.

You would think it would be easy to run that bus to the new terminal.

"Luggage Point" is an appropriate name for a cruise terminal - but don't know if I can get past that name - it just means sewerage treatment plant for me lol