How to see Boston and save on hotels

lisakoivu

I'm looking for someone to find a glitch in my plan.

Thursday:Fly in from Toronto August 23. Arrive Logan 8:30 am.

Take Rowe's water taxi into Boston. They store my luggage for the day?

Tour Boston (Freedom trail, etc.)

Back to Wharf. Water taxi to seaport hotel (I've got a line on one $221 Canadian on hotwire, but of course I don't know which one until I book it)

Friday: Walk to cruise terminal, board ship.

Following Friday (I'm murky on this)

Rowe's cruise terminal back into Boston - They store my luggae

I tour Boston for a second day (maybe HoHo this time)

Rowe's returns me to the airport for an 8:30 pm flight.

This way, I get two days to look over Boston, but only pay for one hotel (and even the price on that seems okay compared to what I am hearing.

Yes, I would prefer to stay downtown, but I THINK I'm better off at the seaport based on price.

We can PROBABLY figure out some T transit for some of it, but I'm attracted to Rowe's because of the luggage storage.

If anyone has a way to tweak and therefore make my plan cheaper, let me know. Thanks!

I'm looking for someone to find a glitch in my plan.

Take Rowe's water taxi into Boston. They store my luggage for the day?

Tour Boston (Freedom trail, etc.)

Back to Wharf. Water taxi to seaport hotel (I've got a line on one $221 Canadian on hotwire, but of course I don't know which one until I book it)

Friday: Walk to cruise terminal, board ship.

Following Friday (I'm murky on this)

Rowe's cruise terminal back into Boston - They store my luggae

I tour Boston for a second day (maybe HoHo this time)

Rowe's returns me to the airport for an 8:30 pm flight.

This way, I get two days to look over Boston, but only pay for one hotel (and even the price on that seems okay compared to what I am hearing.

Yes, I would prefer to stay downtown, but I THINK I'm better off at the seaport based on price.

We can PROBABLY figure out some T transit for some of it, but I'm attracted to Rowe's because of the luggage storage.

If anyone has a way to tweak and therefore make my plan cheaper, let me know. Thanks!

I love your thinking, but based

on what I'm seeing right now, I have a few suggestions. I'm seeing a 4* hotel in the Seaport area for $223 CAD which I'm guessing will be the Westin. If not, it will likely be the Seaport Hotel. Both would be great choices.

Dont bother with the water taxis on your inbound leg. Get rid of your luggage first at the hotel. The water taxis are expensive and a bit of a hassle - airport free shuttle bus to the water taxi and a walk out to the ferry. Instead take the FREE Silver Line from the arrivals level to the World Trade Center street stop and walk the long block over to the Westin to ditch your luggage. If you get the Seaport, the hotel is right there - walk to the corner traffic light in the direction the bus is going, cross the street, and the Seaport hotel is right there on Seaport Lane. If you're going to the Westin and don't want to walk, you can get a taxi at the cab stand on Seaport Lane and it

will be a quick cheap ride around to the hotel.

Post cruise take a cab to Rowes Wharf, store your luggage, sightsee, and go to the airport.

Post back for more advice when you find out your hotel and focus on your first day plans in Boston.

The T is very easy to use. The Silver Line goes to South Station where you can transfer to the Red Line Direction Alewife to go to Park St, which is the start of the Freedom Trail.

So you are saying to use the water taxi on the OUTBOUND leg from Boston to Airport on the Friday evening, then, right? I knew you'd have great ideas! Thank you!

Yes - get off the ship and go to Rowes Wharf to store your luggage for the day and take the water taxi later on to the airport.

Your inbound plan is too complicated and leaves you having to return to Rowes Wharf at the end of the day to collect your luggage. Get rid of your luggage first - it's a quick free trip from the Airport on the Silver Line to the Seaport area. That will save you two water taxi trips with luggage on your arrival day. Taxis or Uber/Lyft will almost always be cheaper than the water taxis for 2 people. If you want to ride around the harbor, take the MBTA water taxi from Long Wharf to the Constitution in Charlestown for $3.50/pp. each way.

Take FREE Silver Line from the arrivals level to the World Trade Center street stop

Walk to hotel and store luggage

Take cab back to start of "Freedom Trail" and tour Boston (deets to be hashed out)

Back to Hotel

Friday: Walk to cruise terminal, board ship. (I've done this part before, so I'm confident)

Following Friday

Get off the ship as early as we can

Rowe's back into Boston - They store my luggage

Tour Boston for a second day (maybe HoHo this time - if I want to tour the harbour, take a look at MBTA skeds)

Rowe's returns me to the airport for an 8:30 pm flight, so early dinner 4ish, then return, because I'm "international"

Take FREE Silver Line from the arrivals level to the World Trade Center street stop

Walk to hotel and store luggage

Take cab back to start of "Freedom Trail" and tour Boston (deets to be hashed out)

Back to Hotel

Friday: Walk to cruise terminal, board ship. (I've done this part before, so I'm confident)

Following Friday

Get off the ship as early as we can

Rowe's back into Boston - They store my luggage

Tour Boston for a second day (maybe HoHo this time - if I want to tour the harbour, take a look at MBTA skeds)

Rowe's returns me to the airport for an 8:30 pm flight, so early dinner 4ish, then return, because I'm "international"

Silver Line/Red Line to start of Freedom Trail is $2.75/pp.

Cab to Rowes Wharf.

What airline are you flying? Canada is not as "International" as going to Europe. Chances are you are going from Terminal B. Terminal E is the real International terminal with the extra time constraints.

Silver Line/Red Line to start of Freedom Trail is $2.75/pp.

Cab to Rowes Wharf.

What airline are you flying? Canada is not as "International" as going to Europe. Chances are you are going from Terminal B. Terminal E is the real International terminal with the extra time constraints.

I just meant that I need to check in a minimum of 90 minutes ahead, more like 2 h to be safe. Air Canada.