Another Port Liberty Question

crusin'k

We are cruising out of Port Liberty in September, 2018. I tried to get a hotel reservation at Country Inn but they have no rooms available (and I also saw there may be issues with it being under construction for renovations). I made reservations at both Embassy Suites Elizabeth ($227) and Courtyard Elizabeth ($212). I see that many people recommend Trinityreservations and their prices are much better than the hotels in Elizabeth. If you stay at one of the Trinity hotels, can you still get food (dinner) and the approx cost? Is there a Trinity Hotel that you would recommend over others (or avoid)? Or is it worth it to just stay in Elizabeth?

We are cruising out of Port Liberty in September' date=' 2018. I tried to get a hotel reservation at Country Inn but they have no rooms available (and I also saw there may be issues with it being under construction for renovations). I made reservations at both Embassy Suites Elizabeth ($227) and Courtyard Elizabeth ($212). I see that many people recommend Trinityreservations and their prices are much better than the hotels in Elizabeth. If you stay at one of the Trinity hotels, can you still get food (dinner) and the approx cost? Is there a Trinity Hotel that you would recommend over others (or avoid)? Or is it worth it to just stay in Elizabeth?[/quote']

What is the exact date of your cruise from Cape Liberty (not Port Liberty)? What time does your flight arrive (i.e. How much time do you have to kill that day)?

You should be considering either the Ramada Plaza or the Crowne Plaza. Both hotels are full service with Dining options. I have stayed at the Ramada which has a dining room/bar as well as a very nice cafe area.

The hotels you have reserved are fine, but as you point out a lot pricier than the Trinity Reservations options, particularly when you calculate the total cost of the room and the round trip port transportation. Do your calculations so you can make an informed choice. If you have a lot of time to kill, paying extra on International Blvd in Elizabeth could be a better option because of the Mall, movies, and chain restaurants.

If you post your exact date, I can look around for other options.

Thanks, 138east. Our cruise, Adventure OTS to Quebec (and then a b2b back to FLL) leaves Cape Liberty (thanks for the heads up on name) Sept 28th. We will fly in on Sept 27. Since we are retired airline employee & spouse, not quite sure of arrival time yet. But most likely arrive at EWR the afternoon of 9/27. So no time to see the sights, take in a movie, etc.

I will check on the hotels you mentioned. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

138east: just to clarify, do you mean Ramada Plaza at 160A Frontage Rd in Newark? Want to make sure I am looking at the correct one because it is not listed on Trinity. Thanks again

oops, sorry. Just found it on Trinity

Edited by crusin'k
found info