Viator Tours

sailor05

Anyone happen to know who Viator uses in Bermuda? Viator doesn't own any tour companies, but simply contract with others.

There is no one company. Viator is an aggregator. They use whatever local operator that does that particular tour. So a bunch of companies. So do the cruise lines. If you book with Viator you could find yourself on a tour where some booked it with the cruise line, some direct, some thru Island Tour Centre. If you google the tour description you can probably figure out the local operator for a particular tour.

I have been researching tours in Iceland. A land vacation not a cruise. Reading the Viator descriptions and other tour companies that are aggregators, also TripAdvisor reviews of their tours, those reviews many times reveal the actual tour operator. They will say so and so of xxx tours picked us up. For Iceland many times there was no difference or not much difference in price. The problem I have noted is that if something goes wrong, like no one shows up at the pickup time and location if you deal with Viator or another aggregator like them acting as a middleman is you are going through an extra layer of complexity to deal with any problem. And they don’t necessarily care as much. So I have made sure to book direct with actual local tour operators. But that doesn’t mean booking with Viator wouldn’t work out fine.

Edited by Charles4515

We did the Island Wrap Around Tour. Booked through Viator but the company was Bermuda Island Tours. Very reliable and professional company. You won’t have any worries about them not showing up.

Juanita Jones owns the business. She’s a retired police officer and knows so much about the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums