INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

Just off the Indi and it looks fantastic, plenty new things for guests and families. more later.

those D , D+ that have been on the Indi before will know about the two diamond lounges on deck 14.

This has changed the larger Diamond lounge has gone and been replaced by a Suite lounge.

This is only now available to Pinnical and Suite guests .

so D+ and Diamond are all now squeezed into the small original lounge.

when asked, the CEO said that I would have too book a suite if I wanted to use it.

Hope this board can get him to change this

So for Oasis, if you are Diamond but not in a suite, where do we go now in the evening if not the Diamond Lounge?

Anywhere you want except the suite lounge. You still get the 3 free drinks you can use anywhere.

So for Oasis, if you are Diamond but not in a suite, where do we go now in the evening if not the Diamond Lounge?

There is stil a Diamond lounge on all ships (other than Majesty and Empress). It’s the Concierge lounge that they are eliminating. You woukdn’t have been able to use the CL lounge anyway as it was for D+, Pinnacle and Suites.

I don't think there will be a policy change on this new procedure. I think the remaining ships will all convert to SL/DL scenario and the CL will be a thing of the past. I also believe that within the next few years that the DL will become a DPL and the Ds will only receive the drinks on the vouchers. I also believe that "looking at the bottom line" that within the next few years your card will be scanned whether at a bar around the ship or in the DL (DPL:D:D) and once you hit your 3 drinks total "wherever around the ship" you will be "done" for the evening. The C&A program has been very successful and the number of D & DP is such a staggering number that RC will have to "manage" the perks as the C&A numbers continue to grow.

So is the DL on Oasis on Deck 11 or 12 now?:confused:

Deck 11 is the entrance and overlooks the Boardwalk. On our Easter Allure cruise the 12th deck was closed off as most of the time it was nearly empty and if it wasn't for the kids it would have really been empty.

Just off the Indi and it looks fantastic, plenty new things for guests and families. more later.

those D , D+ that have been on the Indi before will know about the two diamond lounges on deck 14.

This has changed the larger Diamond lounge has gone and been replaced by a Suite lounge.

when asked, the CEO said that I would have too book a suite if I wanted to use it.

Such horrible news, it must have been painful for all the D/+'s using the Sl on your cruise.

This is not new, it's already happened to Oasis, Allure, Liberty, and Adventure. I don't think they will be changing the policy.

I agree. It seems like a real bummer to all the loyal D+ members and unfortunately it may just be the first step in addressing the crowding in many of the undersized CLs. I don't see them building larger DLs in order to give away more drinks and snacks.

I agree. It seems like a real bummer to all the loyal D+ members and unfortunately it may just be the first step in addressing the crowding in many of the undersized CLs. I don't see them building larger DLs in order to give away more drinks and snacks.

While you are right, I imagine that many of the SL are now larger than the DL's on board.

Which is kind of odd, since there is a fixed amount of suites that can go to the lounge- and I don't think there is *that* many, but the D and D+ can run into the hundreds. So it's kind of odd that the DL on the Adventure is much smaller than the SL just across the 14th deck. More odd that the DL lost the outside part for the climbing wall- which was a great overflow area- at the same time the SL ADDED the outside part.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that large of an area of the SL vs the DL. Same size, maybe. But not twice as large.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that large of an area of the SL vs the DL. Same size, maybe. But not twice as large.

One is for those that paid for quite a bit for their cabins, the other is to offer freebies to those who spent much less on their cabin.;)

On Anthem, and posibly on other Quantum class ships, D+ can still the CL on Deck 12. There is also a Diamond lounge near the Music Hall.

The Music Hall is the overflow for the D lounge. On our January 12 niter it got a lot of use and still no available sitting area if you got there 15-20 minutes after official :Dopening.

We need a STICKY at the top of the Royal Caribbean page to stop these moronic "announcements".

ALL ships give D, D+ and PC 3 nightly vouchers on their SeaPasses.

These ships have a CONCIERGE lounge and NOT a Suite Lounge and Diamond Plus may use it:

Vision

Grandeur

Enchantment

Rhapsody

Radiance

Jewel

Brilliance

Serenade

Explorer

Navigator

Voyager

Freedom

Anthem

Quantum

Ovation

These ships have a SUITE LOUNGE and not a Concierge lounge and Diamond Plus may only use the Diamond Lounge.

Adventure

Mariner

Oasis

Allure

Harmony

Symphony

Liberty

Independence

All ships except Majesty and Empress have a Diamond Lounge/Club and it is open to D, D+ & PC.

These ships have no dedicated lounges at all: Majesty & Empress. Majesty uses the Viking Crown Lounge for a nightly cocktail event like the other ships that is open to Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suites. Empress gives you ONLY the 3 nightly vouchers.

Its about time.!

Airlines are doing the same thing, basing status and perks on money spent. You can get to be Diamond by cruising in insides but they make the money on suites. The people who spend the money are those who they want to reward.

On the Radiance the D+'s could still use the CL.

D+ can still use the CL on any ship that still has a CL. The point of the thread is the conversion of CL’s to suite lounges. When and if Radiance converts the CL to a suite lounge, D+ will no longer have access. These CL to Suite lounge conversations are not just a name change. The suite lounge on Liberty is bigger and better and in a much nicer location than the CL it replaced.