Entertainment

LovetheCubs

I am sure there is a way, I just can’t find it! How do I know what shows are playing and when on the Fantasy? Looking at a cruise in July!

The production shows on the Fantasy are Believe, Aladdin, and Wishes. Individual entertainers (magicians/comedians/etc) vary from cruise to cruise.

If you do a google search for "disney cruise Navigators" you'll find a link to a blog with lots of past navigators for viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
The production shows on the Fantasy are Believe, Aladdin, and Wishes. Individual entertainers (magicians/comedians/etc) vary from cruise to cruise.

If you do a google search for "disney cruise Navigators" you'll find a link to a blog with lots of past navigators for viewing.

We cruised on the Fantasy last year and those were the shows.

We have another cruise planned on her for next year - any chance the shows may change by then?

(They were all really good but once is enough)

We cruised on the Fantasy last year and those were the shows.

We have another cruise planned on her for next year - any chance the shows may change by then?

(They were all really good but once is enough)

Not the production shows. There's a small chance that one of the production shows could be replaced, since the other ships all have gotten one new show in recent years. But I doubt it.

The production shows usually play for a number of years in order to recoup the production costs for mounting them. And it's not an easy task changing out show sets from one show to another.

The individual entertainers can change from cruise to cruise.

I agree that the shows on the Fantasy - once is enough. I feel that way about the shows on the Dream, also. Except for Beauty & the Beast (that's new). I like the shows on the classic ships more.

We were told by a DCL stage manager that the show had to run for 7 years in order to show a profit. Some of that is "fake," and a matter of trading money within different Disney departments. For instance, costuming at the parks manufacturers and maintains the costumes for DCL productions and charges DCL a fat fee for those services. That effectively transfers some of the profit from DCL (which has always shown a profit) to the parks, which have had their ups and downs.

Bottom line--a show may undergo a "reworking," but will usually run for about that time period or longer. So no, unless you happen to choose a time when a new show is launching, you should not expect anything new from year to year.

Variety acts and individual contract entertainers will come and go based on DCL's needs and guest feedback. The real funny thing is when you cruise more than one line and see the same entertainers!

W

Variety acts and individual contract entertainers will come and go based on DCL's needs and guest feedback. The real funny thing is when you cruise more than one line and see the same entertainers!

That happens all the time.

I can usually remember an entertainer but I would be hard pressed to EVER tell you what line I saw them on.

The exception is Jane Curry - she's Celebrity all the way.

Too bad about the shows not changing. The quality was really good - way better than most production shows we've seen on other lines but I'd love to see some of the shows on the other Disney ships while still getting the 7 day itinerary from the Fantasy.

Edited by chamima