Best Practical Jokes on Board?? Harmless suggestions?

Hello Everyone,

Family of 4 sailing with friends (family of 4) on Harmony in July. Last time we sailed with these friends we love to play harmless practical jokes on board.

I'd love some new material for this cruise coming up. Here is a few of my favorite (that I can share).

• Room Service with the worst menu items 30 minutes before actual room service should arrive.
  • Electrical surcharge invoice for over usage of A/C (invoice slipped under door toward end of cruise) or Water surcharge for using too much water
  • Vegan dinner menu for 1st night
  • Birthday Celebration - even if not a Birthday :)

These are all done in pure jest, only to be playful on vacation.... Please let me know if you have any fun material that you can share.

No haters please, this is in spirit of good fun & I'd like to keep this post in the same spirit!

Help me win this years joker battle!

Unfortunately, most of the items you listed seem like they would also take valuable time away from various crew members.

1) An extra room service order that has to be made and delivered.

2) Probable trips to take the time of a guest services person to deal with the fake water and AC bills etc.

I have no problem with having fun but the things you choose to do shouldn't require crew members to take extra time dealing with your pranks. They have enough to do without wasting their time.

Get a rubber snake, a pice of fishing string and a pice of tape. Go in the bathroom and tape the string to the rubber snake head. Then tape the other end to the toilet under side of lid. Put snake in bowl and close lid. Next person to use the bathroom will lift the lid and the snake will pop up. [emoji23] it’s priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you come up with some other ideas.

Ordering food no one will eat us just plain wasteful. Further, unless you order a simple continental breakfast at room service, your friends will be charged the $7.95 room service fee everything you decide to have some fun. Imagine them having to waste time at guest services trying to get a fee removed for items they did not order. I remember being a pre teen, and ordering a pizza and having it sent somewhere else. This was well before any credit card pre pay. Did we think it was funny---yes we did--- but we were 12 years olds.

Many have a birthday/anniversary celebration, perhaps for real or not, but all you will get is a piece of dessert with a candle, unless you spring for an actual cake. Some nights, especially formal night, you will hear happy birthday all through dinner. Dessert is free, no need to try to get a free dessert using the birthday prank.

Good luck

M

Get a rubber snake, a pice of fishing string and a pice of tape. Go in the bathroom and tape the string to the rubber snake head. Then tape the other end to the toilet under side of lid. Put snake in bowl and close lid. Next person to use the bathroom will lift the lid and the snake will pop up. [emoji23] it’s priceless.

Not to be a killjoy, but, like I taught my children when they were growing up, always think of what is the WORST thing that could happen.

Snake scares the beejezus out of someone - Funny (or priceless) to you.

Snake scares the beejezus out of someone, - They jump back, fall and break an arm or a leg. Not funny (and could wind up being very expensive to you if you ruined their cruise and have to pay medical bills).

OP, whatever you do, think it through first. If there’s a possibility something might not be a ”harmless” practical joke or have a negative affect on innocent parties, ditch the idea.

~ Judy

"It's all real funny till someone loses an eye" Said everyone's mother at one time or another.

Well, you could always short sheet the bed. Probably won't lose an eye doing that. ;)

I hope more people add to the prank list! I may have to do the water or electric surcharge!!!! This isn't on a cruise but I pulled a April Fools Joke on my family this year. We do a family cruise each year. So we have a FaceBook page where we can talk and plan the cruise. So I run the page and I'm the go to cruise guy. I am the one with the answers or take the time to find out the answer. (from here- Bob has been a BIG help :) ) Anyway, I started a few days before April 1st. By asking if anyone got a weird email from RCCL asking if anyone under 18 was in our group. Kept it going with I called resolution and waiting for them to call back with more info. To the point that our cruise was cancelled because a NUDE CRUISE had booked the whole cruise. RCCL would only let us change for a cruise in Miami but would have to pay the rates as of that date. Well, I told them after 3 days that I was joking. Now I am no longer in charge of the board and no one believe anything I say now :) But it was a HELL of a laugh!!!!!

Le sigh. I had a feeling you (OP) would be met with nay-sayers. Fun police. Ugh.

What about saran wrap under the toilet seat? Or set automatic wake up calls?

I'm going to think on it. I love the idea. You're the type of people I'd love to cruise with!

I hope more people add to the prank list! I may have to do the water or electric surcharge!!!! This isn't on a cruise but I pulled a April Fools Joke on my family this year. We do a family cruise each year. So we have a FaceBook page where we can talk and plan the cruise. So I run the page and I'm the go to cruise guy. I am the one with the answers or take the time to find out the answer. (from here- Bob has been a BIG help :) ) Anyway, I started a few days before April 1st. By asking if anyone got a weird email from RCCL asking if anyone under 18 was in our group. Kept it going with I called resolution and waiting for them to call back with more info. To the point that our cruise was cancelled because a NUDE CRUISE had booked the whole cruise. RCCL would only let us change for a cruise in Miami but would have to pay the rates as of that date. Well, I told them after 3 days that I was joking. Now I am no longer in charge of the board and no one believe anything I say now :) But it was a HELL of a laugh!!!!!

That’s funny! I may have to steal that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately, most of the items you listed seem like they would also take valuable time away from various crew members.

1) An extra room service order that has to be made and delivered.

2) Probable trips to take the time of a guest services person to deal with the fake water and AC bills etc.

I have no problem with having fun but the things you choose to do shouldn't require crew members to take extra time dealing with your pranks. They have enough to do without wasting their time.

Actually the electricity bill was the CDs idea when we met at the past guest party. Geeze, I'm soooo sorry I took your valuable time away from contributing other negative comments. Can we not keep things light hearted & funny without the Haters..... Its freaking vacation? Oh, guess what? Crew like a funny harmless gag also ! They are on a ship 6 months in a row SERVING people! Playfulness makes their day enjoyable too!

I asked for Haters to stay away . Is this too much to ask?

Lets have a little fun:):)😀

PS. Love the snake gag!!!

Cheers

Cruizer Rick

Le sigh. I had a feeling you (OP) would be met with nay-sayers. Fun police. Ugh.

What about saran wrap under the toilet seat? Or set automatic wake up calls?

I'm going to think on it. I love the idea. You're the type of people I'd love to cruise with!

Love your thoughts... Auto wake up calls. Awesome!!

Lets not let others spoil the fun!

Cheers

Cruiser Rick

Understood... Thanks for voicing your opinion . I'm sure your vacation will not be affected negatively by my fun!

Cheers

Cruizer Rick

Depends if your practical joke spills over to me or the people I am traveling with, then your fun will be short lived.

JC

OK so online you can buy a remote doorbell that sounds like the BING BONG many ships do before announcements come over the PA. I planted one behind the TV in my DD's room (she was with her BFF and I was with my BFF). So we were in their cabin and I hit the remote. BING BONG. I said "Oh they're going to do an announcement" and then I said "guess they decided not to." Well over the course of the next few days that thing BING BONG'd on and off at odd hours ( Heck....I'd be in my jammies outside her door pressing the button and running). On about day 3 I had it in my pocket, pressed it and she was so ticked off.

She said "This D*** bell goes off at all hours and I don't know where it is coming from. And she grabbed the phone to call the front desk to complain. At this point my friend and I had to come clean. 10 years later we still chuckle about it.

About 5 years ago on Allure my husband changed his voice and called my brother’s room (from somewhere else on the ship) and pretended to be room service scolding him for ordering 27 pancakes. He went on to say that he tried to deliver it and no one was there. How much he was going to be charged....I don’t remember all the details, but my brother got super defensive and frustrated. It was a good laugh. My brother also slept on a chocolate mint on a cruise when we were kids and really messed up the sheets. He’s easy to pick fun at! He can laugh with us later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have played the rubber snake bit on the cabin steward, only we put it inside the medicine cabinet. Also, the fake bloody hand under the pillow. Fake rubber mouse left somewhere in the cabin. If you can fake a good voice call the cabin and invite them to the Captain's table for dinner.