Any downside to booking last Caribbean cruise of the season?

psbhappy

I've been on one Windstar cruise on the Wind Surf. I'm currently looking at various itineraries and see a Jewels of the Windward Islands cruise that leaves on April 7, 2019. It appears to be the last cruise of the Caribbean season before it goes away for the summer. Is there any downside to taking the last cruise of the season in terms of service or provisions? I think I read something about another cruise line and how the passengers felt things weren't up to the normal standards since it felt they were "packing things up" and ready to move on. I'm guessing it's not an issue. Just curious what your thoughts are.

Not an issue. They are taking on the TA passengers and doing their normal weekly turnaround. The crew will travel to Europe with the new guests. You should stay on and do the crossing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree with sb44. WS really is able to the quality throughout all seasons. We have done two trans Atlantics one was extended it was great. One trans Pacific their first time back to Tahiti plus Tahiti. Trans ocean cruises completely, utterly relaxing. Destination cruises relaxing and busy equal in each, most enjoyable. Imagine 21 days of bliss. Happy Sailing

Thanks for the replies. I'd love to stay aboard, but I won't have enough vacation time. I have a large trip booked this summer and have decided to squeeze this Windstar cruise in. I know many prefer the sailing ships, but I'm really looking forward to trying the yachts and this itinerary.

It may have just been coincidence, but we did have one odd experience on the last leg (Cadiz to Lisbon) of a western med itin. The ship was then returning empty to Cadiz for some dry dock time and on the leg to Lisbon it was like half the staff just disappeared. Service was adequate but perfunctory, the last breakfast, always a bit haphazard at best, was just food slapped down in front of you. Cabin service that last night was minimal and it just felt like the staff had been decimated. Who knows. Maybe a bunch got off in Cadiz, maybe they were all in hiding, maybe it was just a "last day before some time without pax" reaction. But everyone was talking about the difference and the steep decline.