LGA to Times Square

Obits

We are flying in two days before our cruise. I have already reserved a car to take us from the hotel to the port, but I am trying to decide what is best for LGA to our hotel in Times Square. One of my traveling companions thinks we can just wing it and find a ride once we arrive. 5 people, 5 bags. I found a car service that will take us for less than $85. This seems like a great price. Am I wrong to want to do this? If it matters, we will arrive at LGA about 5:30 on 5/24. Thanks

Is that their base fare, excluding or including a possible river/tunnel toll of $8 en route ? Tips or gratuities (20% is what we do) not included ?

Have you price out minivan prices for Carmel and Dial 7, 2 major citywide/regional car services most often used & recommended here on CC ? $75 will be leaning toward the high side, IMO, but not by much, as the PM/evening trip is subject to a rush hour surcharge, even for a metered yellow tax-van dropoff in Times Square area hotel.

Car services, known as FHV, require a free/easy shuttle bus ride with luggage from airline terminal's curbside over to a nearby designated parking/pickup area to meet the driver & vehicle. Yellow taxi are lined up and pax queued up for the ride, with a taxi dispatcher on duty outside the terminals - no shuttle bus ride - and there are van/suv availability that you can wait for (1 or 2 out of 10 these days, typically) maybe an extra 5 to 10 minutes - with the metered running & rush hour congestion, fares should be close to the quoted price from a car service, unless it's really bad time to commute & get around.