Need recommendations for lively ship (dancing)

knicola11

My husband and I have cruised on the Crown Princess several years ago, and had a great time dancing in their dance club. We have since sailed on Celebrity Silhouette, and found their dance club taken over by kids doing karaoke. We are thinking of going on a Caribbean cruise this fall, but want a fun dance club on the ship. Princess & Celebrity are fine. My husband refuses to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise. We went on one last year, and hated it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Celebrity would not be a good choice of cruise lines if a lively dance club is something of importance. The martini bar is usually lively on Celebrity ships and some venues sometimes have dancing, but most ships do not have a dedicated nightclub type venue (and those that do on most sailings do to not seem to be very busy in my experience).

My husband and I have cruised on the Crown Princess several years ago, and had a great time dancing in their dance club. We have since sailed on Celebrity Silhouette, and found their dance club taken over by kids doing karaoke. We are thinking of going on a Caribbean cruise this fall, but want a fun dance club on the ship. Princess & Celebrity are fine. My husband refuses to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise. We went on one last year, and hated it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Since you enjoyed your Princess cruise, go back with Princess! :D

Not all hours but Celebrity has had some lively dance venues set up, mostly seen in the Grand Foyer after dinner and up in the Sky Lounge late at night.

Princess used to have some bands playing at the Wheelhouse and still see some before dinner dancing set up on their ships. They also did have some excellent bands playing in the Piazza after dinner a few nights ... the dance floor was wall to wall. Lots of fun!!

We were on Equinox last September, 2 great bands dance floor was always full. Just returned from another cruise on Equinox, different bands ( not very good ) hardly anybody dancing.

I've heard that other cruise lines are much more lively not sure if its the music or the ships.

The silent discos are increasing in popularity on Celebrity. The video I saw of it happening in the Reflection atrium the other week looked impressive with many passengers taking part..

For Ballroom and Latin dancing Princess is better.

Celebrity and Princess are my favorites so nothing against Celebrity, but Celebrity doesn’t compare to Princess in this department.

Also Royal class of Princess offers much more dancing than smaller ships due to larger Piazza (Atrium)

We had a ball last summer on the Equinox during a Caribbean cruise. I don't recall any real dancing area other than the nightclub and the music there is not our style. We did join a group of people near the martini bar and had a lot of fun. We danced like no one was watching. Because no one really care. Lots of fun.

Thanks for every bodies suggestions. Probably nightclub or disco fits the bill, not dancing in atrium. Does anybody know if the Royal has a nightclub?

Royal Princess has a night club and it's quite intimate too. On European summer cruises it will pack out and there will be many eighteen year olds upwards livening it up!

We danced every night on all the Celebrity cruises I've been on. Never super crowded but enough to have fun. Sounds like you were in Quasar which they want to be the dance club but I've only seen it for karokee. The Sky Lounge/Revelations on the top deck is the place to go for dancing unless the Silent disco is going on.