Facilities in the cabins on Sapphire Princess sailing from Southampton?

Scorpio41

There are containers of pump action shampoo/conditioner and body wash in the shower plus two bars of soap but I don't recall there being a brand noted on them. A tube of Lotus Spa body lotion was also provided. They were all okay and served a purpose without being heavily perfumed.

Room service will bring coffee and/or tea or you can go to International Café.

Afraid no kettles it's something I will miss when we get on in August.:(

I know we can get them from the I.C or have room service deliver, but it's just not the same.

For both options you have to get up and dressed for.... and no way would I answer the door in my nightwear. ;)

It's so nice to wake and have Hubby hand you a cuppa he's just made for you.

Princess I believe are the only ones that sail from the UK and don't provide anything.

They do have a fridge, it may well have items in it but just remove them and advise the steward where you have put them if you don't plan on consuming them. You'll be charged otherwise.

As to the shampoo and stuff it's been a few years since we have been on a Princess ship, but I think there will be something in the shower to use. I don't use them as I always take my own.

If your not fussy with shampoo and shower gel you should be ok with what's there.

As to the shampoo and stuff it's been a few years since we have been on a Princess ship, but I think there will be something in the shower to use. I don't use them as I always take my own.

If your not fussy with shampoo and shower gel you should be ok with what's there.

The shampoo part of the shampoo/conditioner does do the job, but the conditioner doesn't. BTW: I'm not fussy.

I bring my own small tube of conditioner, otherwise my hair would be like straw.

Room service is great and free. Dressing gowns are provided so nightwear is not a problem. Only P&O have kettles and slowly Cunard are introducing them on their ships. The fridge is fine and ice will be replenished every day.

Room service is great and free. Dressing gowns are provided so nightwear is not a problem. Only P&O have kettles and slowly Cunard are introducing them on their ships. The fridge is fine and ice will be replenished every day.

MSC are introducing them on ships sailing out of UK.

We had a kettle on Norwegian Epic out of Barcelona.

I have seen many times on here that Princess does not allow kettles yet I have taken one on all Princess cruises (over 100) that I have taken. I may be breaking some law but at one time I was told that thermostatically controlled were allowed and that is what I take. A couple of times the kettle has been checked by ship crew and approved. My wife would not be happy without her coffee in the morning. I used to take a "French Press" but recently changed to Starbucks VIA.

I have seen many times on here that Princess does not allow kettles yet I have taken one on all Princess cruises (over 100) that I have taken. I may be breaking some law but at one time I was told that thermostatically controlled were allowed and that is what I take. A couple of times the kettle has been checked by ship crew and approved. My wife would not be happy without her coffee in the morning. I used to take a "French Press" but recently changed to Starbucks VIA.

Based on this safety letter statement you are allowed to bring a thermostatically controlled kettle:

“The use of extension cords with surge protection devices is prohibited in staterooms, as is the use of non-thermostatically controlled kettles and water heaters as well as irons. Please do not bring this type of equipment with you“.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/Safety_Information.pdf

Based on this safety letter statement you are allowed to bring a thermostatically controlled kettle:

“The use of extension cords with surge protection devices is prohibited in staterooms, as is the use of non-thermostatically controlled kettles and water heaters as well as irons. Please do not bring this type of equipment with you“.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/Safety_Information.pdf

Yet in the Prohibited Items list is this

Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

I have had a thermostatically controlled tea kettle confiscated on the Star Princess

If kettles are such a hazard, why do they put them in the cabins on the Diamond in Asia?

Based on the safety information in each of my reservations, thermostatically controlled kettles are acceptable to bring & the ones Princess provides would have the same safety feature.

The other information from their FAQs that kettles are not permitted neglects to differentiate between controlled & non-controlled kettles. It’s not unusual for Princess FAQs to be either outdated or just blatantly wrong and it can take months to make corrections after notifying their IT department.

As we know, how things are handled can vary with each crewmember. If I wanted to bring a thermostatically controlled kettle I’d take a printed copy of the safety information letter signed by Princess President Jan Swartz in case an uninformed crewmember thinks it’s not permitted. Jan should know their rules better than each of their thousands of crewmembers, right? ;)

“The use of extension cords with surge protection devices is prohibited in staterooms, as is the use of non-thermostatically controlled kettles and water heaters as well as irons. Please do not bring this type of equipment with you”.

Edited by Astro Flyer