Biggest Fight You've Personally Seen on a Cruise Ship?

Blackjack22

Two teenage cousins got into a physical alteration on the Destiny, shortly after leaving port in San Juan. Right in the main elevator lobby. We all just stood back. Security was pretty quick. They were detained in their cabins (with security outside the doors) until St Thomas where they put off.

My father-in-law spoke over the balcony railing with their grandfather (who had paid for a big family cruise). The grandfather was a bit down in the dumps about it, understandably.

We met a guy in the hot tub on the the Triumph that went to the same school as us. He told us that him and his girlfriend were not getting along at the moment. Then later that day he saw her dancing with some guy on the lido deck and he ran and beat him up. The guy ended up being a Carnival employee in one of the bands. Don't really know what happened to the guy we met after the fight. Also, the fight happened in the daylight around 3pm or so. We had just gotten some pizza and beer and had just set up on a couple chairs on lido when it happened. Dinner and a show lol

Our tablemate on our Disney cruise was quarantined to her cabin, with security outside her door, for the last two days of the cruise after becoming violent towards her boyfriend. We know this as the rest of the party came to dinner the last two evenings. Her poor mother was distraught. I hope they got her the help she so desperately needed; rehab, AA, or the like.

She also fell on the pool deck while totally hammered; swimming at the medics. Poor thing was a hot mess.

It was my family.

My wife every time we sat together shot her straw wrapper at someone else in the family. On our last day at lunch every one of us simultaneously shot a straw wrapper at her. She attempted to shoot one, but her attack was thwarted.

This is the extent of fights I have seen on a cruise.

Years ago we watched a guy who had to be about 80 years old, wearing a speedo, bumping and grinding to the music with some 20-something year old girls in bikinis on the Lido deck. Everyone on the Lido deck was getting a pretty entertaining show and the old guy was loving it. Until his wife showed up.

Woo boy - did she let him have it! She wailed on him with her beach bag, yelling and screaming about him being a dirty old man. She beat him good with that bag until a couple of crew pulled her off him.

It was the best entertainment we had all week on the cruise. :')

On Triumph or Freedom last year...I forget which...around 1am in the nightclub two couples started fighting. Security did a great job of quickly breaking it up and getting them out of there. Only fight I've seen on a carnival ship.

The closest we've seen to a fight was a newlywed couple at our dining table. She revealed she had spent a small fortune at the spa on beauty products and he verbally lit into her. The barely spoke to each other the rest of the week.

What is the biggest fight that you've personally ever witnessed on a cruise? How did you react/keep yourself and your family safe? Did security respond appropriately in your estimation?

Over 30 cruises and have never seen a fight. The worst incident was a drunk wife threw a drink at her husband.

In 2008 we were disembarking . There was a couple in front of us ,the husband probably in his mid 50's .In front of him was a woman ,likely in her 80's .She was moving very slowly and the guy behind her punched her in the head .Everyone who saw it including the wife of the guy could not believe it .Within seconds 30 security people came and took the guy away .

Just Monday waiting to disembark the Valor. We were in the dining room with all other FTTF.we were in the middle of two groups of people who were being verbally aggressive to each other. It started when someone accidentally touched another's luggage. It was on! I went and told the crew member making the announcements that he needed to call security immediately. He did, they showed up and moved family #1 further forward which really made family #2 more angry. For some reason they thought they should be first???? Anyone when we were getting off I saw the girl from family 1 and said that I was glad a fight didn't break out. She then informed me that a man from the other family in fact was getting arrested!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly the most violent event I ever saw on a cruise ship was a father beating his daughter. Security stopped him and he screamed it was his right to discipline his daughter. Not really sure what happened after that but I never did see them.

Not a fight but a heated argument...Our totally filled elevator was getting ready to leave when 2 big men pushed on and the door wouldn't close. Quite a bit of increasingly loud comments by those already in the elevator ensued, telling them they added too much weight to the elevator. Stone silence from the 2 guys. They refused to get off but shifted their weight just enough to set off the alarm so now there was no chance of the door losing. They absolutely refused to believe everyone telling them that elevator would not leave because it was overweight. Finally, after much shouting and alarm bells ringing, one got off but that didn't stop the alarms. Pushy man #2 was finally convinced that we were going no where with him on the elevator.

The closest we've seen to a fight was a newlywed couple at our dining table. She revealed she had spent a small fortune at the spa on beauty products and he verbally lit into her. The barely spoke to each other the rest of the week.

WOW !! NOT exactly the best way too spend your honeymoon OR start off a marriage. If they didn't 'kiss and make up' I bet this marriage didn't last long.ac

I've seen only one fight - two women fighting over a deck chair. It seems one was a chair hog who left a flip flop or something similar to save the chair, and the other woman moved the flip flop and took the chair. The chair hog was not happy. Security put an end to the fight rather quickly.