Is there no "Elite" (etc) lounge on Edge?

Quo Vadis?

As I look at the deck plans for Edge, I see no "Sky Lounge" (etc) that would be home to the evening cocktail hour for Elites and above. Has the popularity of the Beverage package led to the end of this Celebrity tradition?

I doubt that Eden will be home for the event and there seems to be no forward observation lounge. Have I missed a deck or lounge?

The recent experiment on Eclipse might be the setup from here on. Keycards loaded with three drinks to be used almost anywhere might replace the two hour "snacks and drinks social" experience.

As I look at the deck plans for Edge, I see no "Sky Lounge" (etc) that would be home to the evening cocktail hour for Elites and above. Has the popularity of the Beverage package led to the end of this Celebrity tradition?

I doubt that Eden will be home for the event and there seems to be no forward observation lounge. Have I missed a deck or lounge?

The recent experiment on Eclipse might be the setup from here on. Keycards loaded with three drinks to be used almost anywhere might replace the two hour "snacks and drinks social" experience.

You are correct, does not appear to have a sky lounge. This has been discussed on the Edge board, no idea what they are doing. Did not hear about an experiment on the Eclipse, they have been giving out three coupons or loaded on the card for several years when there too many Elites.

You are correct, does not appear to have a sky lounge. This has been discussed on the Edge board, no idea what they are doing. Did not hear about an experiment on the Eclipse, they have been giving out three coupons or loaded on the card for several years when there too many Elites.

I just wondered if the "Edgefication" of the fleet would mean the end of the cocktail hour(s) fleet wide.

I know that vouchers have been used for a long time but I have never had our drinks "loaded" on to our keycards nor available in the dining room.

I just wondered if the "Edgefication" of the fleet would mean the end of the cocktail hour(s) fleet wide.

I know that vouchers have been used for a long time but I have never had our drinks "loaded" on to our keycards nor available in the dining room.

On RCL they load 3 drinks on your card that can be used during " Diamond happy hour " that can be used at most bars

dkjretired -- here is the thread I started explaining the procedure used on Eclipse -- for the TA and the cruise following it. It was the first time that Elite drinks were able to be ordered at Cafe al Bacio, and in the MDR, to my knowledge.

There were so many Captain's Club members that they did not hold a Senior Officer's Party. Those Captain's Club members who would have been invited had three actual paper coupons usable only on one night, to make up for not having the party.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624623

There were so many Captain's Club members that they did not hold a Senior Officer's Party. Those Captain's Club members who would have been invited had three actual paper coupons usable only on one night, to make up for not having the party.

I would not be surprised if that event will also disappear. Edge will soon set the trend and there is no gathering area other than the theater that can hold a large number of CC members.

Several years ago top cruisers were recognized before the stage performance. A glass of bubbly at the entrance, a quick toast and the captain's club event is over. No special entertainment, no snacks, no captain's club celebration, no Senior officer's party.

It would not surprise me if X made a drink package standard and increased the base price of a cruise to more than cover the cost. Doing that would make the Elite Hour obsolete.

Let’s hope they never do that. It would be too huge a price increase for too many people. It would be especially detrimental to Zeniths and suites passengers.

Suites are already paying the price - most cruises in a suite have the "go best" package, with premium beverages, wifi, OBC and gratuities included. Zenith have access to Michael's Club, so might not be hurt at all if they don't mind doing all of their drinking there.

My recent experiences lead me to conclude that Loyalty is no longer a significant factor in the Miami Office culture. I've been saying ad nausium that Loyalty has been replaced by the focus on the bottom line. Sorry to say that this shift is not confined to Celebrity, but is an industry wide shift.

No celebrity ship has an Elite Lounge. The breakfast are held in a specialty restaurant, cocktails have been held in various lcations over the years and as the numbers increased, Captains Club has had to look for. Reative solutions

My recent experiences lead me to conclude that Loyalty is no longer a significant factor in the Miami Office culture. I've been saying ad nausium that Loyalty has been replaced by the focus on the bottom line. Sorry to say that this shift is not confined to Celebrity, but is an industry wide shift.

I totally agree! Loyalty seems to be a thing of the past, but I do enjoy my extra perks. The Edge seems to be a huge defining moment within Celebrity, but I am still very happy to cruise and not nit pick at all the changes etc. I am just happy to cruise and enjoy life! Now, if I cannot cruise in a PH or a RS without perfection, i will just have to stop cruising, My butler needs to be perfect...tongue & cheek!!!

I would not be surprised if that event will also disappear. Edge will soon set the trend and there is no gathering area other than the theater that can hold a large number of CC members.

And with all the other ships in the fleet being Edgeified, that’s more than likely.

X uses the special events and Elite cocktail hrs as marketing tools, so I think they will continue in some form because X needs to engage more loyal cruisers willing to spend......esp as rates go up.

It does seem, however, that the focus is more on suite guests these days over Cap Club loyal members. We enjoy our present perks but think maybe that program needs some new life!

I totally agree! Loyalty seems to be a thing of the past, but I do enjoy my extra perks. The Edge seems to be a huge defining moment within Celebrity, but I am still very happy to cruise and not nit pick at all the changes etc. I am just happy to cruise and enjoy life! Now, if I cannot cruise in a PH or a RS without perfection, i will just have to stop cruising, My butler needs to be perfect...tongue & cheek!!!

Cruising to me is a good value. I also appreciate the perks I receive and the bonus of meeting wonderful people along the way.

Suites are already paying the price - most cruises in a suite have the "go best" package, with premium beverages, wifi, OBC and gratuities included. Zenith have access to Michael's Club, so might not be hurt at all if they don't mind doing all of their drinking there.

Do we know that Edge will have a Michael's Club? I haven't seen that on deck plans released so far and it is not clear whether the suites Retreat Lounge will allow non-suite Zenith members or not.

There will not be a Michael’s and Zeniths have been told that they will be welcomed at the Retreat Lounge

Where was this stated in information from Celebrity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was mention Zeniths will share the retreat on Edge Class ship when Edge ship was introduced.

Celebrity will follows Royal Caribbean system where Pinnacle members are welcome to share the Suite Lounges.

And with all the other ships in the fleet being Edgeified, that’s more than likely.

Let's wait and see what Celebrity does for the Elite cocktail hour on Edge before we jump to any premature conclusions.

Let's wait and see what Celebrity does for the Elite cocktail hour on Edge before we jump to any premature conclusions.

Now you’re presuming there will be an Elite cocktail hour :evilsmile: :p.

They could use “The Club” on decks 4/5. I saw that venue listed somewhere as available for private groups and in theory it has everything the Sky Lounge has now except for the view.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly my thought. Cocktail party doesn't require a view. Certainly has all the correct AV required for the welcome and intros - with the option of drinks loaded onto your SeaPass card for the larger Elite groups. We'll find out in about 6 months.