Carnival Spirit Questions

I am travelling on Carnival Spirit for the first time in July with my extended family. I have not cruised Carnival before and my CC searches are never successful so hoping you can help me out.

<b>WiFi</b> - Our cruise starts on 24th July which just happens to be the day after school goes back. My brother's wife and kids may need to submit assessment during the cruise. My advice is to work off-line and use casual internet to submit (Our only port with wifi is Noumea).

What can others tell me about wifi quality, pros & cons of Carnivals plans?

Any other advice for us?

Cheers

Edited by banzaii

<b>Suite TV connectivity</b> - Can anyone offer advice on connectivity with the Ocean Suite TVs? We would like to be able to review our video footage during the trip and I'd prefer not to take the laptop.

Cheers

Edited by banzaii

Hi Banzaii,

Sorry I haven't posted yet but I don't have any answers to your questions. Since nobody else has given any either I'll just say what I do know.

The best I can do is give you information on the Legend not the Spirit (sorry).

We did not use the wifi but we did have a fridge in our balcony room. It kept things very cold and was considerly better than what we usally get on Princess.

Good chance that the fridges are the same on the Spirit.

We usually travel Princess but we enjoyed our cruise on the Carnival Legend. The food in the main dining room was just as good as Princess and could not fault the service either.

Have a good cruise on the Spirit. :)

I've only used the Social Media wifi package, but I can say that it worked fine the majority of the time. I'll probably get premium on my 25th of June cruise so I'll come back to this!

I don't know if it's different in Ocean Suites, but in other cabins the inputs to the tv are disabled.

Spirit is about to enter dry dock, so things could change too!

To answer some of your questions. Wi-fi quality is poor but most cruise ships are. The closer your to a hot spot the better it will work. The costs are pretty high as per most cruises. I generally don't buy the internet package while on Carnival cruises & use mobile at sea with my service provider; to take calls, on average the cost of calls are about $2.00; I might get a couple each day...

The fridges are just a plain 50 litre fridge only. good for keeping drink's or medicine refridgerated.. You will be on the ship just after upgrades, which starts in 5 days in Singapour. there might be a few kids on board after the school hols just finishing, but the fellow passengers are just the best. the MDR & The Comedy Club are legendary on Australian cruises. it's the main reason I sail Carnival over the other lines.. Oh cheap drinks, decent shows, & a fantastic Ship.

If any more questions ask. been on 13 Carnival & going in Fortnight back from Singapore..

Hi Banzaii,

Sorry I haven't posted yet but I don't have any answers to your questions. Since nobody else has given any either I'll just say what I do know.

The best I can do is give you information on the Legend not the Spirit (sorry).

We did not use the wifi but we did have a fridge in our balcony room. It kept things very cold and was considerly better than what we usally get on Princess.

Good chance that the fridges are the same on the Spirit.

We usually travel Princess but we enjoyed our cruise on the Carnival Legend. The food in the main dining room was just as good as Princess and could not fault the service either.

Have a good cruise on the Spirit. :)

Thanks for the reply sewgood, absolutely no need to apologise for helping me out!

is pretty likely that Legend and Spirit are still quite closely aligned at least for a couple of months with each having an upcoming dry-dock of sorts.

Good about the fridges as I'm a cold water freak and good news about the food too.

Cheers

I've only used the Social Media wifi package, but I can say that it worked fine the majority of the time. I'll probably get premium on my 25th of June cruise so I'll come back to this!

I don't know if it's different in Ocean Suites, but in other cabins the inputs to the tv are disabled.

Spirit is about to enter dry dock, so things could change too!

Thanks Tigerlily! Do you think the social Media package would be enough to check email and submit a few files? Not sure if those submissions need to go through some online portal or vpn etc.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise. ️ Please do get back to me upon your return! [emoji482]

Cheers

To answer some of your questions. Wi-fi quality is poor but most cruise ships are. The closer your to a hot spot the better it will work. The costs are pretty high as per most cruises. I generally don't buy the internet package while on Carnival cruises & use mobile at sea with my service provider; to take calls, on average the cost of calls are about $2.00; I might get a couple each day...

The fridges are just a plain 50 litre fridge only. good for keeping drink's or medicine refridgerated.. You will be on the ship just after upgrades, which starts in 5 days in Singapour. there might be a few kids on board after the school hols just finishing, but the fellow passengers are just the best. the MDR & The Comedy Club are legendary on Australian cruises. it's the main reason I sail Carnival over the other lines.. Oh cheap drinks, decent shows, & a fantastic Ship.

If any more questions ask. been on 13 Carnival & going in Fortnight back from Singapore..

Appreciate your reply Hunter69! You paint an exciting picture of what we can expect, [emoji3]

I've heard the comedy is great and while I love a beer or 2 I'm not a big drinker so fair prices will be nice! I've heard the Red Frog boutique brew is pretty good! [emoji482]

Seeing how you've offered here are a couple more questions:

So have you ever tried to connect to the TVs? Some say that suites can connect to TV using RCA from the desk??

Do you know what the rates are like for casual Internet?

Cheers

Just a possibility for the drydock enhancements: The last two ships to have drydock in the Bahamas had bedside lamps replaced with lamps that have two usb ports in the base, as well as a double usb outlet at the desk. One might hope this will happen with Legend and Spirit. EM

Just a possibility for the drydock enhancements: The last two ships to have drydock in the Bahamas had bedside lamps replaced with lamps that have two usb ports in the base, as well as a double usb outlet at the desk. One might hope this will happen with Legend and Spirit. EM

Those mods would indeed be useful!

[emoji482]

Cheers

Thanx for the compliment..

I don't know about the tv in suites as i have only done 10 Balcony's & 3 Interiors; doing Suite in 2 weeks... Most of the tv's are Samsung about 6 yo 8 years of age, with no AV or HDMI or other input's. I know cause i sell tv's for living. (suite do have larger tv's)

Yes The Red Frog Ale is a great beer. Brewed in The Rock's in Sydney. 555mls of 5% pure gold for $8.95 it's what i have while on there boats. I have purchased 2 flutes of 3.5 Litres for $42 also each..

The rates for theinternet would be up on there F-Book forum for the 3 different packages...

Thanx for the compliment..

I don't know about the tv in suites as i have only done 10 Balcony's & 3 Interiors; doing Suite in 2 weeks... Most of the tv's are Samsung about 6 yo 8 years of age, with no AV or HDMI or other input's. I know cause i sell tv's for living. (suite do have larger tv's)

Yes The Red Frog Ale is a great beer. Brewed in The Rock's in Sydney. 555mls of 5% pure gold for $8.95 it's what i have while on there boats. I have purchased 2 flutes of 3.5 Litres for $42 also each..

The rates for theinternet would be up on there F-Book forum for the 3 different packages...

Thanks, I have the rates for packages but thought there was also a PAYG option.

Wow these winter itineraries are really quite popular. I'd be really grateful if you can check back in post cruise with an update on post dry-dock enhancements.

Cheers

Thanks Tigerlily! Do you think the social Media package would be enough to check email and submit a few files? Not sure if those submissions need to go through some online portal or vpn etc.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise. ️ Please do get back to me upon your return! [emoji482]

Cheers

No unfortunately social media is only social media, for example if you're in the one Zuckerberg created, you can't even open an article that's been posted from say The Age within the the app, if that makes sense, it won't load. No emails. You can use apps like Messenger, I'm guessing probably WhatsApp too.

I'll do a couple of speed tests in June!

No unfortunately social media is only social media, for example if you're in the one Zuckerberg created, you can't even open an article that's been posted from say The Age within the the app, if that makes sense, it won't load. No emails. You can use apps like Messenger, I'm guessing probably WhatsApp too.

I'll do a couple of speed tests in June!

Thanks for the valuable info.

I hope your cruise is great and look forward to your feedback, enjoy! [emoji41]

Cheers

Will do Banzaii..

Oh i forgot to mention; you may enjoy The Music Manilla Band. 4 Phillipino's who sing a lot of Aussie classic music eg Jimmy Barnes, INXS etc. there pretty good. Also Shanghai piano bar Sing-A-Long ever night...

ps: I hope you get to win a 24K Gold plastic (Made in China) ship on a stick or a dingy on a thingy..

Edited by Hunter69

If you click here, you'll go to a discussion about Carnival Spirit costs. If you scroll down, you'll find a complete price list:

Wow thanks vozzie - that is great and credit to big jim for doing such a fantastic job, not once but twice in 2 years.

It is truely amazing how little prices have changed in those 2 years.

Cheers

Will do Banzaii..

Oh i forgot to mention; you may enjoy The Music Manilla Band. 4 Phillipino's who sing a lot of Aussie classic music eg Jimmy Barnes, INXS etc. there pretty good. Also Shanghai piano bar Sing-A-Long ever night...

ps: I hope you get to win a 24K Gold plastic (Made in China) ship on a stick or a dingy on a thingy..

Have only heard good things about Music Manilla and love a sing-a-long too! :D

Cheers

More Questions:

<b>Power sockets</b> - I know the power outlets are AU, but can anyone confirm where they are in the stateroom? Is there a shave outlet in the bathroom? Is there any difference in Oceanview Suite?

Cheers

New question

<b>ATM on Board</b> - Is there an ATM on Spirit? Or is there an easy way to get AUD on board?

Cheers[/q

ATM on board, It's Australian of course as Carnival only uses Aussie Dollrs. Cost though is $6, more expensive then a Pub/Club...

More Questions:

<b>Power sockets</b> - I know the power outlets are AU, but can anyone confirm where they are in the stateroom? Is there a shave outlet in the bathroom? Is there any difference in Oceanview Suite?

Cheers

They will be on the bench, with a mirror & TV located above. I just plug in charger & leave sitting on bench...No outlets in Bathroom in normal cabins (interior & balcony); haven't stayed in Suite, doing that next week...