alaska cruise

LIV_N_SC

Hi, Going to Alaska cruise next year. I'm hoping someone can help me. Is it better to let the cruiseline book your flights or book yourself? Also, when you book yourself, is it better to book close to cruise terminal, if so, how do you get to the hotel from the airport? Many hotels which are less expensive and have free shuttle service to your hotel from the airport, if we did that, how would we get to the pier? Hope this is not to confusing. Been trying to search, but haven't hit on the best way to go, expense wise.

Edited by LIV_N_SC
letting peop;e know where we are going

You can compare flight fares between booking yourself and using the cruise line flight arrangements.

Taxis and Uber are plentiful near most all cruise ports to take you to/from your hotel. Some hotels have shuttles for cruise passengers.

Hi, Going to Alaska cruise next year. I'm hoping someone can help me. Is it better to let the cruiseline book your flights or book yourself? Also, when you book yourself, is it better to book close to cruise terminal, if so, how do you get to the hotel from the airport? Many hotels which are less expensive and have free shuttle service to your hotel from the airport, if we did that, how would we get to the pier? Hope this is not to confusing. Been trying to search, but haven't hit on the best way to go, expense wise.

I suspect you would benefit from the services of an experienced TA. Flight booking domestically is quite simple, not difficult even to Canada but a little more complex if you are booking a one way cruise and need to arrive and depart at different cities. Hotel choice is really variable. Airport hotels usually run shuttles but only to the airport, not the cruise port. Staying closer to the cruise port will generally put you nearer things to do but that depends on where you are embarking from. You have lots of decisions. First where are you planning on cruising from, the two main options are RT Seattle or one way Anchorage-Vancouver. That can be done either direction, but be aware the ship does not actually go to Anchorage, rather stopping in Seward or Whittier depending on the cruise line. Given your list of questions a TA could get you going and then you might return here to fine tune some of your options.

You'll get better info if tell us which port your looking at.

Check the fare several ways. Lately, we have been finding generally cheaper fares with Princess than the only agents. But that can change at any time.

We try to get a hotel near the port. Depending on the distance from the airport to the hotel, they may offer a shuttle. If not Uber, a cab, or super shuttle.

Near the port, the hotelsoften have shuttles to the port.