Booking a cruise while on board - reasons why please

dgcruises

Would like to hear what the advantages to booking on board are, any cons?

We like the additional OBC and the reduced deposit is always nice. On our last cruise (Equinox March 2018) when we first boarded the ship we booked a future cruise and received a bottle of wine and a few other small gifts in addition to the OBC. You also have up to 60 days to transfer your booking to a TA if you didn't when you booked.

Edited by davekathy

THey give you on-board credit for doing so, the amou t depends on the length of cruise and type of stateroom booked

It’s usually a really good deal you can change your mind later if you want and move your booking to a different cruise (at the prevailing rate ) if you need to. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have booked once and revised once while on board. We were given excellent advice (when selecting between two itineraries) as well as extra onboard credit. They also steered us right in our cabin selection. On a previously booked cruise we were offered a great price on an upgraded cabin which we took advantage off.

So am I to understand that current folks on a cruise get the same 2 perks choice currently provided but in addition receive OBC and can put down a lower deposit? How much is the deposit in relation to that required if not on a cruise.

If you decide later on a different cruise and switch to you still receive the same perks and OBC?

So am I to understand that current folks on a cruise get the same 2 perks choice currently provided but in addition receive OBC and can put down a lower deposit? How much is the deposit in relation to that required if not on a cruise.

If you decide later on a different cruise and switch to you still receive the same perks and OBC?

You can choose up to four perks (Go Big, Go Better or Go Best) and still receive the additional OBC for booking a future cruise while onboard. We've paid $100.00 deposit per person.

You can choose up to four perks (Go Big, Go Better or Go Best) and still receive the additional OBC for booking a future cruise while onboard. We've paid $100.00 deposit per person.

We paid a deposit of around £150 and got the same back

in OBC for the cruise we were on so in effect paid zero deposit !

We paid a deposit of around £150 and got the same back

in OBC for the cruise we were on so in effect paid zero deposit !

I have read here on CC others doing that. We always use the OBC toward the future cruise as we usually have a generous amount of OBC to spend already for the cruise we are on between Celebrity's OBC and TA OBC.

I have read here on CC others doing that. We always use the OBC toward the future cruise as we usually have a generous amount of OBC to spend already for the cruise we are on between Celebrity's OBC and TA OBC.

Every cruise that we booked for X except for the first was done on board and we now have 8 more booked. Did our last 2 duiring our cruise in Mar. We have never been able or allowed to use any of our SBC/OBC and we ask every time. We even had some refundable and they said that couldn’t be done either. Refundable is automatically put on your CC if you don’t use it so that isn’t really being lost and the non refundable is always used first from your account.

I think if they did allow OBC it would create a loop hole for passengers to book many cruises and then canceling those bookings to get the deposit made with that non refundable OBC back in the form of cash.

Would like to know your secret.

Thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Im the unusual one, I guess . I tried to book a future cruise once while on board. We were open.minded about itinerary and time of year (retired). We were NOT open to booking a cabin higher than what was required to get the Go Big perks, which is typically an OV.

The future cruise guy started to sell us on upgrading . We politely reminded him that wasn't our 'style' of cruising. Then, he shut down, clearly disinterested. He clearly wanted to move on to another customer.

No, I was not imagining things. I've been in sales and can recognize the signs. And it was the ONLY serious complaint we had on that entire 10 day cruise.

Miched, I think you misunderstood.

Davekathy weren’t using their existing OBC to put the down payment for the new cruise.

They were saying that they applied the on-board booking OBC to the upcoming cruise, rather than choosing the option to take the OBC on the voyage they were on.

Every cruise that we booked for X except for the first was done on board and we now have 8 more booked. Did our last 2 duiring our cruise in Mar. We have never been able or allowed to use any of our SBC/OBC and we ask every time. We even had some refundable and they said that couldn’t be done either. Refundable is automatically put on your CC if you don’t use it so that isn’t really being lost and the non refundable is always used first from your account.

I think if they did allow OBC it would create a loop hole for passengers to book many cruises and then canceling those bookings to get the deposit made with that non refundable OBC back in the form of cash.

Would like to know your secret.

Thanks

Happy cruising ����������

I didn't say we were able to use the OBC received for booking a future cruise on the cruise I booked the future cruise on. Sorry I have no secret.

Miched, I think you misunderstood.

Davekathy weren’t using their existing OBC to put the down payment for the new cruise.

They were saying that they applied the on-board booking OBC to the upcoming cruise, rather than choosing the option to take the OBC on the voyage they were on.

Correct.

In addition to the OBC benefits and perks already mentioned by other posters, I find that booking a future cruise onboard helps to minimize the end-of-cruise-blues that start to set in on the last night! [emoji38]

Knowing I have a "next" cruise booked helps the transition back to reality!

In addition to the OBC benefits and perks already mentioned by other posters, I find that booking a future cruise onboard helps to minimize the end-of-cruise-blues that start to set in on the last night! [emoji38]

Knowing I have a "next" cruise booked helps the transition back to reality!

Another good reason.

Golberry :

So am I to understand that current folks on a cruise get the same 2 perks choice currently provided but in addition receive OBC and can put down a lower deposit? Yes

How much is the deposit in relation to that required if not on a cruise. 100 instead of 450

If you decide later on a different cruise and switch to you still receive the same perks and OBC? maybe. the perks don't always transfer. sometimes you get the perks that the new booking qualifies for, rather than the ones from the original reservation

goofysmom:

"If you book a future Transatlantic onboard, which usually has no perks and little OBC, they've included gratuities. Think it only applies to future TA bookings made while ON a TA, though."

This was a special promotion from a couple of years ago when Celebrity was late putting out the upcoming schedules and by way of apology they included gratuities for those on a TA if they booked another TA. That hasn't happened since.

I didn't say we were able to use the OBC received for booking a future cruise on the cruise I booked the future cruise on. Sorry I have no secret.

Thanks for the clarification, I understand it now.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

goofysmom:

"If you book a future Transatlantic onboard, which usually has no perks and little OBC, they've included gratuities. Think it only applies to future TA bookings made while ON a TA, though."

This was a special promotion from a couple of years ago when Celebrity was late putting out the upcoming schedules and by way of apology they included gratuities for those on a TA if they booked another TA. That hasn't happened since.

We just booked a TA last month while on the Eclipse TA and received free gratuities and OBC....