New HAL Umbrella

jhannah

On our Koningsdam cruise that ended May 13 we were introduced to the new Holland America umbrella. This was placed in our Signature Suite, and would be available for purchase for $24.99 onboard. Very large, and in Dutch orange!

Umbrella__1526760160_16146.jpg.1ec83550cfe6dfa2b9b3578e5b716b81.jpg

Well, , well, well, what do you knows? tHEY FInally remembered the Dutch house of Orange, it's about Time I sitll have an orange 'tender flag, i love. this umbrella is FAb. Thanks for the photo , Jim.

No, it doesn't collapse to become more compact. It's very sturdy and feels good quality.

Thanks for answering my question. I am in need of a new umbrella that will collapse and be compact. Scratch this one if it is offered for sale to the public by HAL.

Still have one from years and years ago, (possibly a trivia prize,) which is dark blue and compact, and opens with the touch of a button. It's held up better than any other such travel umbrella I've owned since I can recall, and I will be taking it to Belgium and Holland in a week, then to Norway on the Rotterdam in two weeks!:cool:

Off Maasdam a week ago. I don't recall seeing any umbrellas, but I assure you that the gift shop had plenty of orange HAL merchandise (and not just for Koningsdag). They're doing quite a bit of the same merch in three different colors--orange, white, and navy blue. Polo shirts, t-shirts, ball caps in particular. Frankly the merchandise selection was quite disappointing. There was no Dam Ships merch to be found anywhere and there was a bewildering wall full of colorful dog purses and wallets. There was little in the way of ship-specific merch either (one t-shirt that I purchased in white). If you love seeing "Holland America" in navy blue on white, possibly including "Savor the Journey," then you will find all sorts of t-shirts, shot glasses, magnets, playing cards and the like. I believe there was a photo of the "new and improved" gift shop in the recent Maasdam review posted by RetiredMustang.

Not a fan of the colour..surprised there haven't been comments about the logo being the new one

You have sailed HAL ?

That is the color of Dutch Royals, the House of Orange.

The Logo is very small in the photo and hard to distinguish

Quite aware of HAL's history, thank you. Not being snarky.

But if HAL is so proud of their history why aren't there more orange coloured things in the stores?Oh wait,apparently they're more American than anything and run by someone who doesn't know what he's doing [/sarcasm]

Quite aware of HAL's history, thank you. Not being snarky.

????

But if HAL is so proud of their history why aren't there more orange coloured things in the stores?Oh wait,apparently they're more American than anything and run by someone who doesn't know what he's doing [/sarcasm]

not snarky ?

Perhaps you know the person who buys the merchandise they sell in the shops on HAL ships.

I do not .

HAL probably looks at what will and won't sell,and at that price,and the colour,they're not likely to get many takers..except for obsessives.

Again,not being snarky but HAL know all too well that they have to throw a bone to the diehards every so often to please them.