Specialty Dining and shows - Input appreciated

In 23 days, I'll need to book dining and show reservations for our NCL Epic Mediterranean cruise in September.

I would love suggestions for where to book meals, suggestions for times, and also shows that we must see. I've researched quite a bit about port cities, but these ship details have eluded me.

I'd appreciated any and all input!

Thanks in advance,

Christy

Christy, it might be a bit more helpful if you provided a bit more info like who are you traveling with, ages, kind of food you like,etc. Some shows might not be appropriate for the young'uns.

Epic is a great ship, you will have a fantastic time.

Edited by ColinIllinois

In 23 days, I'll need to book dining and show reservations for our NCL Epic Mediterranean cruise in September.

I would love suggestions for where to book meals, suggestions for times, and also shows that we must see. I've researched quite a bit about port cities, but these ship details have eluded me.

I'd appreciated any and all input!

Thanks in advance,

Christy

It helps to remember that you will have the ability to book dining and show reservations early if you WANT to. You do not "need" to book them early, and you do not "have" to book them early. NCL is only providing this ability for those who "want" to.

Christy, it might be a bit more helpful if you provided a bit more info like who are you traveling with, ages, kind of food you like,etc. Some shows might not be appropriate for the young'uns.

Epic is a great ship, you will have a fantastic time.

GOSH, so sorry! I got in a hurry and left out important information!

My husband and I are 50, and have been married for 32 years. We've been to Europe, but never cruised the Med. We have done Caribbean cruises with Royal and Celebrity before. We are bringing along my parents who will be celebrating their 70th birthdays, have never Been to Europe but have cruised with us before.

We are not bringing along any children, though all of our kids are adults now. We have all enjoyed the entertainment on other ships, though I think my dad might have napped through most of it, which is a huge possibility on this trip, since most days will be chock full of sightseeing in the ports.

We all four eat ketogenic diets so we'll be enjoying high fat, low carbohydrate foods which I'm certain we will be able to find.

Maybe this will provide a bit more info about us! Thanks in advance!

It helps to remember that you will have the ability to book dining and show reservations early if you WANT to. You do not "need" to book them early, and you do not "have" to book them early. NCL is only providing this ability for those who "want" to.

I've read that we may not be able to see any shows or eat in the preferred restaurants without prebooking. Is that not entirely true?

Thanks again,

Christy

Technically true.

But it's almost always wisest to book early and swap later if something comes up or you change your mind, than not to book early at all and risk struggling to get useful times.

If Teppanyaki is you thing (it's not mine), I would certainly pre-book given the relative scarcity of spots.

Technically true.

But it's almost always wisest to book early and swap later if something comes up or you change your mind, than not to book early at all and risk struggling to get useful times.

If Teppanyaki is you thing (it's not mine), I would certainly pre-book given the relative scarcity of spots.

While technically true is no different than true, it isn't like these boards are filled with reports of people who are shut out of restaurants and/or shows. Maybe one here or there, but considering the thousands of people sailing at any given time, the shutout reports are simple too insignificant for it to matter.

I've read that we may not be able to see any shows or eat in the preferred restaurants without prebooking. Is that not entirely true?

Thanks again,

Christy

Of course it is not entirely true. Believe it or not, there are still many people who aren't online and thus can't prebook. Only a small number of seats are available for those who want to prebook...the rest are only available onboard.

If you go enter your MyNCL website account, you can explore not only what entertainment suggesting reservations is on each night and at what time. The same is true for specialty dining restaurants. Entertainment that accepts reservations are Cirque Dreams, Burn The Floor and Priscilla. Cirque is also a dinner show and is very popular. My favorite specialty restaurants are LeBistro and Cagneys. Although not my cup of tea, Moderno offers loads of meats and usually a decent salad bar. As suggested above, you should make reservations thru the website asap or as soon as you get on board.

Here are the Sept 2018 show times for the Epic that I can see....could change or could be others

Burn The Floor Monday 930p Friday 7p & 915p

Priscilla Tuesday 7p 10p Thursday 7p 10p

Cirque Sunday 830p Monday 630p 930p Tuesday 830p Thursday 930p Friday 630p Saturday 830p

Edited by jemz1949
added more info