Anthem of the Seas changed itinerary question

candd4

I have a cruise booked for April 2019 on the Anthem of the Seas. It was supposed to be for a cruise to Bermuda with a 3 day stay there. I got an email last week saying the itinerary has changed and it will now be 2 days in Bermuda in 1 day in Boston. I have no interest in going to Boston. We live close to it and I can go anytime. My question is: What should I do about it and do you think Royal Caribbean International will work with me?

RCI experts on the RCI board here can probably tell you what they/you can do. But you are way out from final payment, and can cancel without penalty. They certainly aren't going to change the itinerary back for you...They might even change it yet again. April is pretty early for things to be fully operational in Bermuda...EM

This far out you should be able to cancel without penalty, unless you live in a few select areas where the laws are different. The US is not one of those countries.

The fine print on any cruise contract says the cruise line may change itineries if they wish.

What are you expecting them to do for you?

Agree with the others, there isn't much they can, will, or should do. At most they should refund a non-refundable deposit if you decide to cancel. We're also on Anthem in April of next year (the sailing before yours I believe) and in discussing what to do in Nassau (a port we've been to many times) we've decided to stay onboard and explore the ship while the majority of passengers are ashore. The ship is certainly large enough that one will not be able to see it all in one week.

If by "work with you" you mean will RCI offer compensation to you for the change of itinerary, the answer is no - other than with any resulting adjustment in port fees. As indicated, the cruise contract clearly indicates that the itinerary can be changed at any time for any reason. As others have said, if the one day change would make the rest of the itinerary unacceptable then cancel and re-book with one that is preferred. Otherwise if Boston is not your cup of tea (no-pun intended) just stay on board and enjoy a quiet ship.

Thank you for your responses. I was hoping to cancel, but wasn't sure about the deposit I've paid. :D

Well you will have to check with whomever you booked with if you are not sure as RCI has instituted non refundable deposit cruise fare rates recently, which typically are lower than those with refundable deposits.