Getaway Sitting ?

I have been watching the Port web cams since 5 am. I noticed on the map the Getaway and turned around and was going away from Miami. Now it’s just sitting. Not coming into port. Any ideas why?

It is moving into port now but it another ship have been sitting still since 5 am

We just saw it coming in on the webcam and were also wondering why it’s late.

Edit: we just looked at the webcam again, and it’s storming so bad you can even see the ship. Those poor cruisers.

The same thing happened to us back in Oct - Oct 29, 2017 to be exact.

We were on Getaway heading to Miami at the end of the TA from Denmark intending to dock very early (like 3-4am) so the crew could clear Immigration before the passengers, but there was a windy storm brewing off the entrance to POM so Miami closed the POM until 7am. There were 3 other ships circling along with us.

In the end we got off first and the crew had to get off in shifts for Immigration during the day.

I just got off the Getaway and debarkation was a MESS! Long lines, angry people, rude people, staff had no idea what was going on. Many people missed flights and I was running like a crazy person through the terminal and the airport and barely made mine. I'll be starting a full review shortly.

I never felt much motion though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debarkation on May 20th was indeed a mess. I had decided from the very beginning to walk off early as I had an 11:38 am flight from FLL. We got up and out of room by 6:50 am and headed to deck 7 where we were ushered to a small line going through O’Sheehan’s passing by the bowling lanes. We were probably about number 50 in line. We began our long wait as the ship was delayed docking due to weather and then several announcements ensued talking about further delays due to clogged elevator and hallways. The port authority had issues with people clogging certain areas it seemed. Anyway, the intensity of the situation grew as more and more people gathered to the line. Adding to the anxiety of everyone were people gathering at the forward elevator bank in deck seven on the “wrong side” of the roped off area. Their intention was to push there way into the line rather than follow the Getaway staff orders to get in the appropriate line. Time passed and the pressure grew as cruisers began to realize their flights were in jeopardy. It got to be a bit after 9:00 am and still no movement to walk off. The captain made an announcement of some sort but we could not hear it from where we were standing. At this point, verbal altercations began between certain passengers in the line and the folks standing behind the ropes at the elevator bank and behind the ropes at the stairs. I could not understand why the Getaway staff did not instruct the folks behind the barriers anymore than they did. Maybe they were just overwhelmed. Anyway, at approximately 9:15 am or so, the line began to move. People behind the barriers began their push. Folks began appearing at the ropes from one deck above and below also pushing to break the line. People were yelling at each other and it got Crazy. I noticed one man trying to break in as I approached where he was standing. I had spoken To him earlier in the cruise and he spoke perfect English. Now, as people were yelling at him, his English had left him and he “acted” like the best lost Italian I had ever seen. I would have chuckled but the situation was very intense. Everyone was using their suitcases as barriers to keep the line breakers back and get through the gauntlet and off the ship. An elderly couple in front of us seemed so scared and I was worried for their safety. Once of the ship, customs went quickly and my plan was to grab an Uber. Instead I was met with a barrage of offers for transportation. I took the $60 offer to be immediately whisked away in a black GMC Yukon. The driver was accomplished at getting us out of the fray and on our way. We arrived at FLL at exactly 10:00 am. Luckily we had precheck and moved very quickly through baggage check and security. Once to our gate, we actually had over an hour to wait. I felt very lucky to have made the flight and we both wondered how our fellow cruisers faired making it to the airport. I think next time I will make a later flight just so I don’t have to worry as much. This was the low light of our cruise as everything else was just about perfect. We have already scheduled our next cruise and can’t wait.

Debarkation on May 20th was indeed a mess. I had decided from the very beginning to walk off early as I had an 11:38 am flight from FLL. We got up and out of room by 6:50 am and headed to deck 7 where we were ushered to a small line going through O’Sheehan’s passing by the bowling lanes. We were probably about number 50 in line. We began our long wait as the ship was delayed docking due to weather and then several announcements ensued talking about further delays due to clogged elevator and hallways. The port authority had issues with people clogging certain areas it seemed. Anyway, the intensity of the situation grew as more and more people gathered to the line. Adding to the anxiety of everyone were people gathering at the forward elevator bank in deck seven on the “wrong side” of the roped off area. Their intention was to push there way into the line rather than follow the Getaway staff orders to get in the appropriate line. Time passed and the pressure grew as cruisers began to realize their flights were in jeopardy. It got to be a bit after 9:00 am and still no movement to walk off. The captain made an announcement of some sort but we could not hear it from where we were standing. At this point, verbal altercations began between certain passengers in the line and the folks standing behind the ropes at the elevator bank and behind the ropes at the stairs. I could not understand why the Getaway staff did not instruct the folks behind the barriers anymore than they did. Maybe they were just overwhelmed. Anyway, at approximately 9:15 am or so, the line began to move. People behind the barriers began their push. Folks began appearing at the ropes from one deck above and below also pushing to break the line. People were yelling at each other and it got Crazy. I noticed one man trying to break in as I approached where he was standing. I had spoken To him earlier in the cruise and he spoke perfect English. Now, as people were yelling at him, his English had left him and he “acted” like the best lost Italian I had ever seen. I would have chuckled but the situation was very intense. Everyone was using their suitcases as barriers to keep the line breakers back and get through the gauntlet and off the ship. An elderly couple in front of us seemed so scared and I was worried for their safety. Once of the ship, customs went quickly and my plan was to grab an Uber. Instead I was met with a barrage of offers for transportation. I took the $60 offer to be immediately whisked away in a black GMC Yukon. The driver was accomplished at getting us out of the fray and on our way. We arrived at FLL at exactly 10:00 am. Luckily we had precheck and moved very quickly through baggage check and security. Once to our gate, we actually had over an hour to wait. I felt very lucky to have made the flight and we both wondered how our fellow cruisers faired making it to the airport. I think next time I will make a later flight just so I don’t have to worry as much. This was the low light of our cruise as everything else was just about perfect. We have already scheduled our next cruise and can’t wait.

Other than the time being later than usual, this is pretty much how it is every week on Getaway. usually it starts around 7:30 instead of 9:15, but the rest is just rude passengers who think the rules apply to everyone but them There is a reason that NCL gives you an earliest time to safely book your flight.