CPS Parking Southampton - any discounts available?

Harry Peterson

Have to book a couple of parking sessions, and it really hurts to pay the prices CPS demand - £140 for 12 nights!

Trouble is, none of the alternatives quite hit the mark for convenience and safety, so we'll probably end up with CPS again.

Does anyone know any way (apart from taking up the free parking option available instead of OBC) of getting a discount on their prices?

I have just started using parking4cruises who provide an almost identical service to CPS, and my experience plus many others on here is that they offer a very good service.

Pleased to hear that John as we are trying them for the first time in September. It won’t be as straightforward as CPS as I will have to drop my wife (and her wheelchair) off first and then go to the short stay car park to meet Parking4Cruises, rather than doing it all in one go, but as it’s saving me well over £100 compared to CPS I thought it was worth a try.

Pleased to hear that John as we are trying them for the first time in September. It won’t be as straightforward as CPS as I will have to drop my wife (and her wheelchair) off first and then go to the short stay car park to meet Parking4Cruises, rather than doing it all in one go, but as it’s saving me well over £100 compared to CPS I thought it was worth a try.

I found it a bit easier Selbourne, there was no queuing after you arrive, as often happens with CPS, and after wheeling my wife into the terminal it was very quick doing the check in.

Just a thought - the Parking4cruises website makes no mention at all of how or where cars are parked while they have them (though I seem to recall it used to). It's a pretty obvious FAQ too - but no mention of it in the FAQ or anywhere else.

I'd prefer the distance driven to be as short as possible, for obvious reasons, and I'd also like to be sure it's safely and securely parked. Maybe it is, but do we have any more specific information?

I have used Parking4Cruises 5 times now. It's really easy. Short walk to short term car park and back. They take your mileage and they say there will not be more than 6 miles more on the clock and there never has been. In fact, about the same as CPS. Much cheaper.

Thanks - certainly worth a look. £104 as against £140 with CPS, so there's a saving to be had - no obvious downside?

Well, there is a downside. With CPS you pull up at the terminal and as the porters remove your luggage the CPS staff check in your car and drive it off. With Parking4Cruises you have to drive to the short stay car park to check your car in and then walk to the terminal (just over the road). So it’s not as ‘seemless’ and, in my case, will necessitate dropping off at the terminal (wife in wheelchair) first. However, the saving for our cruise was around £150 so I’m giving them a go in a few months time. If the price difference was relatively small, I would stick with CPS, but I’m prepared to put up with a bit of inconvenience for a saving of that magnitude.

Well, there is a downside. With CPS you pull up at the terminal and as the porters remove your luggage the CPS staff check in your car and drive it off. With Parking4Cruises you have to drive to the short stay car park to check your car in and then walk to the terminal (just over the road). So it’s not as ‘seemless’ and, in my case, will necessitate dropping off at the terminal (wife in wheelchair) first. However, the saving for our cruise was around £150 so I’m giving them a go in a few months time. If the price difference was relatively small, I would stick with CPS, but I’m prepared to put up with a bit of inconvenience for a saving of that magnitude.

Quite agree. You can pull up at the terminal, offload your baggage which will be taken as usual. Drop your wife at the terminal with wheelchair. Then drive to the short stay car park. Checking in the car takes about 10 minutes and then you have a 2-3 minute walk back to your wife. Honestly, it's fine.

Quite agree. You can pull up at the terminal, offload your baggage which will be taken as usual. Drop your wife at the terminal with wheelchair. Then drive to the short stay car park. Checking in the car takes about 10 minutes and then you have a 2-3 minute walk back to your wife. Honestly, it's fine.

Thanks Jean. Happy to give them a try.

By the way, when you drive in to the Short Term car park, go straight ahead and look for the purple waving banner. First time I drove in, I didn't know what to look for. Also, unless you are getting off the ship at 0700, so let's say at a normal time, like from 0830, you do not need to ring them. The cars will all be there.

We usually use CPS but may give Parking4Cruises a try next time.

Can I just clarify a couple of things.

As you know with CPS as you approach the terminal in your car there are marshals directing you to the front of the terminal where you are met by a porter. Then after taking details a representative from CPS drives your car away to their secure car park.

My question is, do you follow the same procedure as above but then just drive off as soon as the porter has taken away your cases?

Just thought, would we get a surprised look from the approaching CPS representative as we drove off.

We usually use CPS but may give Parking4Cruises a try next time.

Can I just clarify a couple of things.

As you know with CPS as you approach the terminal in your car there are marshals directing you to the front of the terminal where you are met by a porter. Then after taking details a representative from CPS drives your car away to their secure car park.

My question is, do you follow the same procedure as above but then just drive off as soon as the porter has taken away your cases?

Just thought, would we get a surprised look from the approaching CPS representative as we drove off.

There is a separate lane for drop offs only, usually the one closest to the terminal building. This is used by taxis as well as others dropping off passengers. CPS use the other lanes. When you arrive at the terminal, you will need to tell the parking Marshall’s that you are dropping off, then you won’t get tied up in the CPS holding queue. Then you can drive to the short stay car park where Parking4Cruises have their check in.

There is a separate lane for drop offs only, usually the one closest to the terminal building. This is used by taxis as well as others dropping off passengers. CPS use the other lanes. When you arrive at the terminal, you will need to tell the parking Marshall’s that you are dropping off, then you won’t get tied up in the CPS holding queue. Then you can drive to the short stay car park where Parking4Cruises have their check in.

Thank you for the explanation.

Now you mention it, I seem to remember seeing the drop off lane you refer to.