Royal Princess Soft Drinks Package - Mocktails and frozen drinks

Flo71

Last time on Princess I had the soda and more but was unsure what drinks I could order under the package.

So this time I'd like to ask everyone what their favourite non-alcoholic drinks are so that I'm not sticking to just diet pepsi all the time?

Thanks in advance:tropical-drink:

Extra spicy Virgin Mary.

Nohito

And Tonic (my name for Gin and Tonic without the Gin :)) I love Tonic and Lime as a light summer drink.

Virgin Raspberry Daiquiri

Any alcoholic drink can be made without the alcohol. Order a Virgin Martini and you may get a glass with an olive in it. I like a Virgin Screwdriver with breakfast but just ask for Orange Juice so as not to overly confuse the poor waiter.

Any alcoholic drink can be made without the alcohol. Order a Virgin Martini and you may get a glass with an olive in it. I like a Virgin Screwdriver with breakfast but just ask for Orange Juice so as not to overly confuse the poor waiter.

Oh my goodness .... laughing my butt off!!

Extra spicy Virgin Mary.

Nohito

And Tonic (my name for Gin and Tonic without the Gin :)) I love Tonic and Lime as a light summer drink.

Lol, I was hoping for some more constructive comments, such as some nice combinations of different fruit juices perhaps and whether there are any tall frozen (icy) drinks that I can ask for.

Extra spicy Virgin Mary.

Nohito

wonder if the virgin mimosa comes in a different stem from a virgin screwdriver?;p

Lol, I was hoping for some more constructive comments, such as some nice combinations of different fruit juices perhaps and whether there are any tall frozen (icy) drinks that I can ask for.

They will do a virgin pina colada....and any other frozen drink that you want.

So I could ask for orange and mango as a frozen drink and they could do it?
They make the drinks from a prepared drink mix, not from fresh fruit. They will do anything that they have the mix to do. I got a strawberry something. They have a menu which is posted on these boards somewhere, but will make you anything that they have the supplies to do. Make friends with the bar tender. Then tell him that you like fruity frozen drinks and ask him to surprise you. If you hate it, you can dump it and get something else (go to a different bar if you want to).

There is a mocktail menu onboard. Sunset cooler, no-jito , etc. Virgin pina Coloma, Virgin daiquiri of Amy flavor, Virgin mudslide, Virgin banana monkey, Virgin Miami vice, Mango tango, etc.

They'll make virtually any drink you like provided they have the ingredients - and if they're unaware of it, you do need to be able to give approx proportions, etc.

Last time on Princess I had the soda and more but was unsure what drinks I could order under the package.

So this time I'd like to ask everyone what their favourite non-alcoholic drinks are so that I'm not sticking to just diet pepsi all the time?

Thanks in advance:tropical-drink:

I believe Princess is a coke ship, I've been planning on taking diet pepsi.

Sandi

There is a mocktail menu onboard. Sunset cooler, no-jito , etc. Virgin pina Coloma, Virgin daiquiri of Amy flavor, Virgin mudslide, Virgin banana monkey, Virgin Miami vice, Mango tango, etc.

They'll make virtually any drink you like provided they have the ingredients - and if they're unaware of it, you do need to be able to give approx proportions, etc.

Thank you, I never found a mocktail menu last time - didn't try hard enough I suppose. I was with my older teenage daughter last time, who made a friend so I was by myself quite a bit (which I actually enjoyed) but I was a bit shy around the bars and asking for things that weren't right under my nose. This time hubby is with us and he will have the odd beer so I'd quite like a mocktail while he does.

Will have a better look for the mocktail menus and try a few more this time round.

There is a mocktails page in the drinks menu. However, if you see an interesting alcoholic drink, do not hesitate to ask if they can make you a non-alcoholic version. I've had no problem getting some yummy frozen drinks without alcohol.

One of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks is a 50/50 mix of cranberry juice and club soda.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have two questions as this is my second Princess cruise (last one over ten years ago) -

(1) I know you have to buy the soda package for the entire cruise, however, could you purchase on day 9 of a 22 day cruise?? I have pre-ordered cases of water.

(2) Coffee card - Is this the only way I would be able to get herbal teas (personal preferance as I do not like the taste of coffee) i.e. chai tea, raspberry tea etc.??

I am used to purchasing the premiun non-alcoholic package on Celebrity which includes water, mocktails & specialty teas, etc. I do not usually drink soda.

Thank you for your replies.

I have two questions as this is my second Princess cruise (last one over ten years ago) -

(1) I know you have to buy the soda package for the entire cruise, however, could you purchase on day 9 of a 22 day cruise?? I have pre-ordered cases of water.

(2) Coffee card - Is this the only way I would be able to get herbal teas (personal preferance as I do not like the taste of coffee) i.e. chai tea, raspberry tea etc.??

I am used to purchasing the premiun non-alcoholic package on Celebrity which includes water, mocktails & specialty teas, etc. I do not usually drink soda.

1) you answered your own question there. Soda and More package has to be purchased for entire sailing, ergo you can't buy it partway through. Either in advance or at the beginning of sailing or not at all. (it does not incuded bottled water, BTW).

2) you can buy the specialty teas on a pay-as-you-go basis if you like. They run around $2.50-4.95 or so.. Or coffee card, which gives a small discount in 15 purchases..

The only way you can buy a soda package on day 9 of a 22 day cruise is if the cruise is sold as separate "legs." In that case, you can buy for one leg but not another, provided you booked the cruise as a B2B. Cases of water have nothing to do with a soda package.

There are multiple sorts of herbal tea bags available at the buffet. On our April 1 cruise, they carried both Twinnings and Bigelow--mint, camomile, etc. There are "premium" teas available with the coffee card. The 15 punches have nothing to do with the premium teas; they are for fancy tea/ice/fruit flavored blends (think Starbucks ice tea). You can buy a cup of premium tea separately for under $2, but if you drink much, you'd be better off with a card, especially on a 22 night cruise! I'd suggest that you look at the tea available at the buffet and decide whether this meets your needs. Or bring a box of the tea of your choice. There is plenty of hot water available at no charge!

There is a mocktails page in the drinks menu. However, if you see an interesting alcoholic drink, do not hesitate to ask if they can make you a non-alcoholic version. I've had no problem getting some yummy frozen drinks without alcohol.

One of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks is a 50/50 mix of cranberry juice and club soda.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you, i shall make a note.

The only way you can buy a soda package on day 9 of a 22 day cruise is if the cruise is sold as separate "legs." In that case' date=' you can buy for one leg but not another, provided you booked the cruise as a B2B. Cases of water have nothing to do with a soda package.

There are multiple sorts of herbal tea bags available at the buffet. On our April 1 cruise, they carried both Twinnings and Bigelow--mint, camomile, etc. There are "premium" teas available with the coffee card. The 15 punches have nothing to do with the premium teas; they are for fancy tea/ice/fruit flavored blends (think Starbucks ice tea). You can buy a cup of premium tea separately for under $2, but if you drink much, you'd be better off with a card, especially on a 22 night cruise! I'd suggest that you look at the tea available at the buffet and decide whether this meets your needs. Or bring a box of the tea of your choice. There is plenty of hot water available at no charge![/quote']

Thank you for the info regarding the soda card. It is a cruise with two legs - Vancouver - Los Angeles and Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale (through new canal). I purchased the cruise as one and not B2B. The day 9 referenced in my quote was the day we are in Los Angeles. I do not think that I would drink enough mocktails to pay for the package for the 22 days.

I never actually thought about bringing my own tea as I mentioned my last cruises were on Celebrity with the Premium Non Alcoholic package. I know the soda packages do not include bottled water, that is why I have pre-ordered 5 cases as I am big water drinker.

Thank you for being so helpful, I appreciate it.

I love their virgin mojitos!! They are so fresh and refreshing to drink. The only thing is that you have to specify NO grapefruit juice which is what they use instead of alcohol. I guess they think it gives the drink a kick. I think it ruins it. So I ask for no grapefruit juice and with a little sprite or club soda instead. Then it is absolutely wonderful. I have my diet coke for lunch and inbetween and my mojitos with dinner and after. Love having my drink card. And every once in a while I throw in a frozen pina colada. They aren't the best I have had, but pretty good. Basically you can have any drink that they can make without the alcohol so you are not limited at all.

Pooh

So glad you asked this. I don't drink any alcohol, and at my next cruise, I'm actually going to get this "soft drinks and more" package, which i'm strangely very excited about.:D At my last October's cruise was when I found out what a Miami Vice was - where has this been all my life? Anyway, other than this Miami Vice, various virgin daiquiris, and pina colada, are there any other virgin frozen fruity drinks not yet mentioned that I can ask for?

So glad you asked this. I don't drink any alcohol, and at my next cruise, I'm actually going to get this "soft drinks and more" package, which i'm strangely very excited about.:D At my last October's cruise was when I found out what a Miami Vice was - where has this been all my life? Anyway, other than this Miami Vice, various virgin daiquiris, and pina colada, are there any other virgin frozen fruity drinks not yet mentioned that I can ask for?

You can ask for any frozen fruity drinks that they make. Just without the alcohol. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask if they can make you one. I have done this if they are not busy at the time.

Pooh

The last time we were able to get milkshakes with the soda and more package. Are they still part of the package?

They have been taken off the details of the package on line. In April, some ships were still giving them while others were not, which makes for total frustration.