Special needs muster drill location on the Sunshine?

The muster location is ALWAYS located on the back of the door. Head out a little extra early before they shut off the elevators, and ask one of the carnival reps who will be stationed nearby. They will usually direct you into a lounge or dining room for HC. so you can sit in a/c

While on the Triumph. I had 2 persons in wheel chairs. They allowed them to use the elevators and where the first to leave as the drill was over. But on the Dream. It was a mess. They didn't shut the elevators down. And we had no help from the staff who was watching them. But the staff at the munster station was great.

in September on the Sunshine we were directed to the limelight lounge for the special needs muster. I don't know if they change it based on space needed, if there are multiple locations based on where your actual muster station is, etc.

Also, they did let us out a bit early, but not early enough to miss the regular muster people by the time we made our way to the elevator bank.

I'd recommend sending an email before her cruise to advise carnival that the special needs muster is needed (along with any other possible accommodations that may be needed).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We had special needs muster in the comedy club on the Sunshine. One person could accompany the special needs passenger. We had our "talk" then they released us about 10 minutes before the rest of the passengers so we were able to get elevators and get out of the way before the able bodied hordes flooded the elevator lobbies.:)

We had special needs muster in the comedy club on the Sunshine. One person could accompany the special needs passenger. We had our "talk" then they released us about 10 minutes before the rest of the passengers so we were able to get elevators and get out of the way before the able bodied hordes flooded the elevator lobbies.:)

Weird we were able to bring the entire family with us as did other families granted ours were children under the age of 18 but the other families in there had some filled with friends and one group had like 6-8 people in it

I know that personally, we've never been separated for muster drill and we go to the special needs drill because of my son. We learned after our first couple of cruises on the Triumph that being forced to stand outside in the heat with no breeze stuffed into a group of sweaty, smelly strangers was NOT going to work for him. Or me. A couple of times I almost passed out from a combination of the heat and being exhausted from having to get up super early for the drive down to Galveston and not being able to sleep in the car.

I know that personally, we've never been separated for muster drill and we go to the special needs drill because of my son. We learned after our first couple of cruises on the Triumph that being forced to stand outside in the heat with no breeze stuffed into a group of sweaty, smelly strangers was NOT going to work for him. Or me. A couple of times I almost passed out from a combination of the heat and being exhausted from having to get up super early for the drive down to Galveston and not being able to sleep in the car.

Yah the heat is what does it for me not to mention being a tad bit clausterphobic and because we are kinda OCD about being on time for Muster to avoid being the ones stared at for being super late and holding up muster we are always stuffed in the back with rows of people in front of us so with that and the heat I just can't do it anymore

My son (who has a SLIGHT obsession with being on time) gets really frustrated when people roll in late and honestly, the special needs muster drill (at least on our last few cruises) has been held inside a lounge or the MDR so if we HAD to remove him from the main group because he was melting down over somebody being late, we could and still be able to hear the instructions, etc.

Typically, the special needs muster station is for those with special needs, and one companion only. However, if that were to leave unaccompanied minor children at the regular muster station, then they would accommodate this.

One thing to remember when standing at muster station outside. Do not lock your knees. Stand with legs relaxed, and even bent at the knee slightly. Locking the knees can trap blood in the lower extremities and lead to passing out.