Weather affects on Western Caribbean Cruises?

It's been raining a lot down here in FL and was wondering if it's affected anyone lately since am leaving soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll be out at sea and you'll have some rain, a bunch of sunshine, and a whole lot of fun on your cruise. Just go with the flow. :D

It's been raining a lot down here in FL and was wondering if it's affected anyone lately since am leaving soon.

You are on this internet thingy here posting at CC

Suggest changing channels LINK to the weather service:

http://www.weather.com

and take a look at what is going on or forecasted.

If you are doing a western Caribbean cruise from FL your first day is going to be a SEA day -

you no like the weather stay inside the ship. The first port call is likely over 500 miles away

from your starting point and the weather will be different and if not you won't be able to do

a darn thing about it. Cruises operate rain or shine just like most shore excursions.

Oh and Good Luck have a drink with one of them brelly sticks - it keeps the rain from diluting the drink !

If you haven't been on the Getaway in the last two weeks DONT REPLY! Looking for people's experiences not smart ass comments..

That's about all you get on this site lately. Last time I said something they deleted my post. I have been a member longer than most and have seen the change happen. They should do something about it or this site will become a troll farm.

Big system developing this week Wed-Thur over the Yucatan peninsula. Here are some models of where it should be next sat and sun (26th and 27th)

IMG_1055.JPG.b9764f6349a1ed945e06f105ec171fe5.JPG

The current getaway cruise (20th) will likely be rerouted at some point, most are thinking a tropical storm is possible and some models show a cat 1 hurricane but I doubt it.

Next weeks getaway (27th) will have a sloppy departure but a week of sun due to this system sucking all the moisture out of the western Caribbean.

If you haven't been on the Getaway in the last two weeks DONT REPLY! Looking for people's experiences not smart ass comments..

People's past experiences is not an indicator of the future. A better indicator of the future is to check multiple weather websites like http://www.nws.noaa.gov/*****/marine/zone/off/offnt4mz.htm, http://www.nws.noaa.gov/*****/marine/zone/off/offnt3cmz.htm, Weather.com, intellicast.com, www.nhc.noaa.gov.

The Getaway did circle off shore for a couple of hours this morning because of a storm front over POM closing the port. They then encounter some customs problems that delayed/slowed disembarkation. One brief comment from a disembarking passenger said that people with early flights, missed their flights.

Well it isn't really the rainy season for the western Caribbean and no one has posted anything that would indicate anything really bad, but regardless, I don't think there is much anyone can do if the rains were to be an issue. Our last 4 cruises, not all to the western C. have been plagued by crappy weather. We made the best of it and had a good time. Remember, like in Fl even if there is rain usually the storms don't last long like they do in some places. Just go and enjoy. :rolleyes:

779dfc56985e8989d5013aa5ef5efca9.jpg

The previously mentioned low pressure system now has a 20% chance of development in to a hurricane posted this morning by the NHC (national hurricane center)

We still think it will turn in to a tropical storm this week, I don’t know what is going to happen to the getaway this week, I’m thinking it will get rerouted at some point.

e20bc7e1d9206823f955c2f66884065c.jpg

Our Gulf system is now up to 40% tonight... and is now our first Invest of the season.

Current getaway cruisers are gonna get wet! I’m guessing itinerary changes are a’ comin!

Just disembarked yesterday. The weather was rainy sailing out of Miami, but perfect at all ports. We didn't experience any weather/rain issues until our return to Miami. Apparently the port was closed due to the weather so we were late docking.

I’m leaving on the 27 from NOLA. I figure we will have a bumpy ride out but should be ok, once we get near Jamaica. I am, however, understanding that there may be itinerary changes (system might be slow developing and slow moving) and i’m adopting the attitude that I am on a ship so will have fun!

Being one who always exactly the opposite when I am "told " DON'T REPLY, I am here by replying. I wonder if those who have been on the ship in the last two weeks need to raise their hand and ask permission before posting? :rolleyes:

As other's have pointed out what has happened the last two weeks is of no relevance to what effect the weather may have on any subsequent sailing. That is not a smart ass comment. It is fact and relevant information. :eek:

Enjoy your cruise! :o

In case no one has paid attention to weather forecasts for this week/weekend, the OP is asking because we have had rain for 8 straight days and there is an early tropical system brewing in the Gulf which I assure you would cause inconvenience at the least crossing the Gulf...hence his valid concern. If this system develops there are sure to be itinerary changes.

As a Florida resident we are watching closely since it’s an upcoming Holiday weekend. This Floridian is glad my cruise doesn’t leave til June 4th and from the Atlantic side.

WOW....Yeah, OK, Uh, This isn't the weather station, in the case of forecast, what's the weather going to be like the second week of September...snarky remarks, yup, deleted posts, yup, opinions, yup...know it all's, yup....In case of rain, purchase cancel for any reason insurance.