Do the OBC you obtain when booking onboard, really follow you?

lovedecruise

Hi, I booked a new cruise when onboard, and was allocated $200 OBC plus two perks, for my Aqua stateroom. The price for this cruise has dropped significantly and I understand I will lose both perks if I have the new fare applied to the booking. I was also told by Celebrity, that I would lose the $200 OBC I had been given, when I booked onboard.

Reading through some of the previous posts on the Celebrity board, I have noted that it has been said these OBC go with the booking, (room no. still the same and sailing dates still the same), so shouldn't be taken away. Has this policy changed or have I been misinformed by Celebrity?

Can’t speak to the rules for NZ, but I know when I booked on-board and then there was a price drop the new lower price didn’t come with the same perks so in order to get the lower price I had to give up the perks. I did however keep the OBC I received for booking on-board.

Thank you for your replies. Hearing that you kept your OBC encouraged me to ring Celebrity back and talk to someone else. They have confirmed that we DO keep the OBC that we obtained on-board. It's a shame we sometimes get conflicting advice.

It's a shame we sometimes get conflicting advice.

Look at the bright side. If you didn't get conflicting advice, you'd be stuck with the original answer and no OBC.;p

Glad you got to the right answer in the end.

Mike