Website issues re: drink packages

Hello, all,

I was trying to book a deluxe beverage package for my husband and myself for our Sept. 9th cruise on Allure. However, I was unable to pay for the package in my cart due to the fact that I could not log onto their Cruise Planner for days after that. I assume it was issues with their "new and improved" website, but was reassured that the package would stay in my cart until I could access it again. Unfortunately, when that finally happened, the promotion was over, and the price had gone from $45 to $48 pp / per day, plus gratuities. It added over $50 to the total. I called RCCL, and was told, "Sorry! We know that the website has had issues, but the promotion is over now, so you have to pay full price". Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thank you.

Might just have to wait till the next sale, which will definitely happen again. I had a similar issue with the site. I just called Royals 800 #, and booked the beverage package that way.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

We bought at the slightly higher price, C & A advised to check every weekend starting on Fridays, lo and behold, two weekends later the price dropped. cancelled and rebooked, and no, they cannot credit you and refund the difference, they refund the whole thing and re-charge at the new price.

Hello, all,

I was trying to book a deluxe beverage package for my husband and myself for our Sept. 9th cruise on Allure. However, I was unable to pay for the package in my cart due to the fact that I could not log onto their Cruise Planner for days after that. I assume it was issues with their "new and improved" website, but was reassured that the package would stay in my cart until I could access it again. Unfortunately, when that finally happened, the promotion was over, and the price had gone from $45 to $48 pp / per day, plus gratuities. It added over $50 to the total. I called RCCL, and was told, "Sorry! We know that the website has had issues, but the promotion is over now, so you have to pay full price". Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thank you.

If it happens again, call to order in order to get the promo price. They are unlikely to do anything for you now.

How far in advance before the sail date do they typically open up the beverage package and dining package options? I have a sail date in Jan. 2019 and they are not open yet.

How far in advance before the sail date do they typically open up the beverage package and dining package options? I have a sail date in Jan. 2019 and they are not open yet.

There's no "typical", you just have to keep checking your Cruise Planner.