Yearly policy for travel insurance?

Does anyone have experience with a yearly policy that includes the usual medical/trip interruption/bag AND international medical evacuation/repatriation? I always buy 3rd party (with medical evac and repatriation) - just wondering if there was a better way. Thanks in advance.

Following - I’m more interested in just the travel medical coverage, and have briefly researched the topic, but have never moved forward. Many many years ago we used medical evacuation coverage for a family member, and at the time it was over $30k for evacuation from the Caribbean to CONUS.

We recently purchased a yearly policy from Geo Blue which only covers medical and evacuation because our credit card covers cancellation, trip and baggage delays. Hopefully we won’t need to use it but since we are on Medicare which doesn’t cover us outside the country, we felt we needed something.

We have had a annual Allianz policy for the past few years and a separate evacuation policy. We travel far from home and, after it was $100K for a friend to get back home rather than have a general surgeon in a small country perform a complicated orthopedic procedure, we want to be evacuated when and to where we want if needed.

We find the annual plan far less costly than insuring 4-5 cruises a year.

We recently purchased a yearly policy from Geo Blue which only covers medical and evacuation because our credit card covers cancellation, trip and baggage delays. Hopefully we won’t need to use it but since we are on Medicare which doesn’t cover us outside the country, we felt we needed something.

Us too

The only issue with annual insurance is booking a cruise more than 1 year ahead. Both from being able to book insurance for more than 12 months in the distance and the fact that you you can end up being relatively close to your travel date before purchasing insurance. For example if I have cruises booked for November 2018 and June 2019 and wanted to cover both on an annual policy then I wouldn't be able to purchase the cover until June 2018 which means that I have no insurance cover for the November 2018 cruise until then.

When I went on Medicare, I purchased the GeoBlue yearly plan for medical. I also get Royal's Insurance, it's cheap and has cancel for any reason, but not enough medical coverage.

But, Royal does not cover airline fares.

My issue with the annual policies is the low level of coverage. We usually buy the $1,000,000 of coverage on individual trips, and the annual policies I have found only have $250,000 of coverage. Is this enough? I don't really know how much we need.

I'm curious as well. I might have 2 cruises this year, and an annual plan with Allianz would cost about the same as separately insuring both cruises. One thing that caught my attention with the Allianz offers, was that the "emergency medical transportation" was capped at $100,000, which seems a bit low in the case of a medical evacuation?

The individual plan I'm looking at through TripInsuranceStore the "Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of remains" is $1,000,000? So I don't know if I'm looking at two completely different things?

My issue with the annual policies is the low level of coverage.

That has been our issue as well. With sailing in suites, mainly Star Class, an annual policy doesn’t seem to cut it. We end up getting cancelation for each cruise only, as I have full medical from my work.

Coverage for us is not available in Maryland through them. Don't know why. Guess I'll have to check out others.

Yeah, I was looking thru a few, and Allianz was the first one that I found that allowed coverage for a Maryland resident.

We bought GeoBlue last year as we had two cruises and a trip to Club Med Maldives planned over the next 12 months. The yearly policy wasn't bad for the coverage and what I liked most about GeoBlue was they have preferred providers all over the world. If you use one there is no being held hostage for payment. I got the list before we left for Maldives just in case.

Also, a plus is it's backed by Blue Cross/Shield.