Live from NA May 26 - June 2, 2018!!

EeyoreRN

Hi all!! We are finally leaving Thursday for our Alaska cruise that has been in the planning for more than a year! We have a lot to thank the CC family for this, as you have helped us plan every step of the way from choosing a ship and itinerary, down to the details like excursions and dining choices. Here's the pay-off!! A trip report with photos galore!!

First here I am sporting my stylin' new glasses, cute, am I right? 104ee97e7fa8613a9668a311b6e2cede.jpg

Also, my screen name was EeyoreFan 1967, but I had to change it due to technical difficulties, so I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by EeyoreRN

First a bit about the family. We are from the NYC Metro area. Hubby and I are in our early 50's and will celebrate our 28th anniversary on the last day of the cruise! Hubby is...well, you could call him a contractor of a sort, who works primarily in NYC, and I am an RN working full time (13 12-hour shifts ever 28 days) in a community hospital near home (suburbia).

Our "kids" are also taking this trip with us. Our daughter, almost 24, is a writer's assistant for a radio show. She moonlights as a stand-up comedian, so there's never a dull moment with her! She lives in Manhattan. Our son, 21, just flew home from his Junior year in college, and we are thrilled to have him home with us for the summer. He's a dual Music/Anthropoly major and is also a performer (a capella, improv). We are tough customers when it comes to entertainment ;) We will gladly share our opinions about the entertainment on board the NA, because I can virtually guarantee, we won't miss a show! (We are not expecting tons, but we don't really want tons, either. One or two venues a day to do on sea days is more than enough for us).

We will be leaving our fur babies home with the cat sitter, who will be with them a lot of the time and spoil them rotten, but that doesn't ease our guilt or sadness about leaving them for 10 whole days. They are part of the family!

Wishing you and your family a fabulous cruise.

Thank you so much! :D

Loved the photos of your fur babies! Will follow along on your journey-I miss cruising to Alaska.

Have an awesome time!

Thanks so much for following! Will do my best to report lots of details! :D

Just the opportunity for all of us to be together for 10 days is such a treasure. To have the opportunity to do it on a long-wished for bucket-list cruise to Alaska is priceless!

Today is my last 12-hour shift before vacation!

Tomorrow afternoon/evening, I have an MD appointment and a staff meeting...and Wednesday...OMG WE HAVE TO PACK!!! I'm pretty overwhelmed with the idea of packing for Alaska! These boards have been super helpful in informing the packing list so hopefully, Wednesday will just be a matter of some last-minute laundry and gathering and placing the stuff we've already thought of into the bags.

I just found out over the weekend to my dismay that Air Canada charges $25 each way for the first checked bag per person. I had thought it was free and I guess I should have been aware of this before...it's not a huge deal, but kind of a last-minute unpleasant surprise for me. I thought there was no charge for the first bag on international flights, but whatever *shrugging it off.* Certainly not going to let this bug me at this stage of the game. Poor daughter says she now wants to try to do it all in a carry-on but I am discouraging this. I want her to pack what she needs! The frustrating thing is she doesn't live with us, so unless she's able to get here at a decent time on Wednesday evening (which is doubtful as she has a pretty late work meeting), she can't reap the benefits from my husband's incredible packing and space-sharing skills. We would probably be able to get away with 2 checked bags for the 4 of us instead of 3. We'll see how it goes.

Off to the afore-mentioned work shift. More later!

I'll ask my questions while you're on board.

BTW, I am a retired RN, so I KNOW how great vacation is!

Much appreciated! All done! Officially on VACATION as of now!! :*

Following my fellow Tinkerbell and Eeyore fan ;)

I could tell you and I have a lot in common! Thanks for following :D!

Just disembarked NA on Saturday with my 11 year old son - we loved the ship so will be following your report and excited to relive it all!!

Wonderful that you and your son had that time together and thrilled to hear that you loved NA!! I can't wait! Welcome to this review.

I also look forward to following your cruise!

Yay! I hope not to disappoint!

Bon Voyage, looking forward to reading all about your cruise. We did it last year also on the NA, only in July, hopefully the weather will co operate.

Allan

Thanks, Allan. We are going prepared for all types of weather! Hope you had fun last year!

Thanks for taking us along!

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks so much for following along!