Boarding

rsldonk

How soon before a 4:30 pm departure in Vancouver will they allow you to start the boarding process? Like when should we get to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don’t say which line, but typ if it Princess or Hal should be around noon but lot depends how many ships that day are in port. And if you have priority boarding. Look on you boarding doc’s, will say on there inc your group number. Weather there boarding deck by deck, some suites get priority, or those needing assistance.

Enjoy your cruise but please don’t get i frustrated if you have stand in line, as delays happen. Always better to arrive early than late

How soon before a 4:30 pm departure in Vancouver will they allow you to start the boarding process? Like when should we get to the port?

HAL normally starts boarding in Vancouver at 11:30 AM with the terminal opening for check-in around 10:30 AM.

We just disembarked from emerald princess that embarked in Vancouver, and nieuw amsterdam the week before. Both were late leaving Vancouver. And muster drill was delayed twice on each ship. Vancouver had four ships in port last week. We had one long line for all four ships combined. We were not split up by ships until after we finished both US customs and luggage scan. Not enough customs personnel, and not enough scanners. We had the same number of scanners in ports that had separate lines for each ship. We were forced to walk all over the terminal and at one point they tried to send us back to the beginning, because we took the elevator instead of an escalator.

The week before they had a critical porter shortage, and we had to drag all our bags through the terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with better earlier than later. We have had good luck boarding as soon as we can, dropping our carry-on in the room if it's ready and for ports close to town getting off the ship and boarding again in time for the life boat drill. We did that in Auckland in December and had time for a sail in the harbor passing right by our ship. If you do go et off make sure you check what time the drill is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You don’t say which line, but typ if it Princess or Hal should be around noon but lot depends how many ships that day are in port. And if you have priority boarding. Look on you boarding doc’s, will say on there inc your group number. Weather there boarding deck by deck, some suites get priority, or those needing assistance.

Enjoy your cruise but please don’t get i frustrated if you have stand in line, as delays happen. Always better to arrive early than late

Thanks. Don’t have boarding docs yet, as wife is waiting for her passport to be renewed (but should be done in a week or so). As much as anything, I’m just concerned how soon I could drop off luggage as I don’t want to haul that around town. And yes, it’s a HAL cruise on Westerdam in August.