Opt to remain in the Loyalty program.

upwarduk

We were sent an email yesterday informing us that we needed to opt into the loyalty program, other wise we would loose our benefits.

I have taken a screen shot, but I’m not sure whether this is just for EU citizens or whether it’s world wide.

f645cc575148abc17079a8ccebfbd75f.jpg

We were sent an email yesterday informing us that we needed to opt into the loyalty program, other wise we would loose our benefits.

I have taken a screen shot, but I’m not sure whether this is just for EU citizens or whether it’s world wide.

f645cc575148abc17079a8ccebfbd75f.jpg

i've never heard of that one so be careful its not a scam.....they might want to get your details

i've never heard of that one so be careful its not a scam.....they might want to get your details

No not a scam, new data protection rules comes into effect in UK and EU from 25.05.18. I have been filling forms in all May.:evilsmile:

I just wondered how they can take us out of the loyalty scheme, if we don’t opt in again ( which I have done as I think Princess’ internet allowance for Platinum and above is second to none)

It the new GDPR rules for the EU, you need to respond or you will loose your status.

No not a scam, new data protection rules comes into effect in UK and EU from 25.05.18. I have been filling forms in all May.:evilsmile:

I just wondered how they can take us out of the loyalty scheme, if we don’t opt in again ( which I have done as I think Princess’ internet allowance for Platinum and above is second to none)

It’s not about a loyalty programme, it’s about data protection. As the previous post stated, it comes into force 25 May and all of us in the U.K. and EU have to positively opt into anything where personal data is stored, so just do as requested. I can tell you that as a business owner it’s causing incredible issues in ways you couldn’t imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received our email back in March about the changes to data regulations. Did you not? Just a thought, perhaps the one you received is more of a reminder for those that didn’t action the initial one as the date is imminent :confused:?

We received our email back in March about the changes to data regulations. Did you not? Just a thought, perhaps the one you received is more of a reminder for those that didn’t action the initial one as the date is imminent :confused:?

Possibly, as my husband forwarded it to me last night.

Mine is possibly still in cyber space ( or maybe in my junk folder, which I rarely check)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never been on a Princess ship so wouldn’t know what they are up to! Come to that, never been on any ship owned by their parent Company, so can’t comment on what individual lines may or may not choose to do.

Been replying to so many requests from suppliers and organisations, it’s all a bit of a fog. [emoji35]

It's legit and you do need to respond to keep your points with them.

P&O handled it in a similar way.

I got a email from Carnival asking if we still wanted to hear from them.

Royal Caribbean deleted all the accounts worldwide due to a change in their systems. So I need to re-register with them. Although they tell me they will never delete any points owed.

If you don't have an email for your own Princess account the next time you log in you will also be prompted.

As others have said it's an EU thing and more about how they use the data they hold.

so it's not worldwide just for those of us in the EU (well for now anyway).

Jules

If anyone opted out of receiving emails from Princess then they would not get this one. Wonder if that means those people will suddenly find themselves as ‘new’ cruisers again?

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely no scam.

I received a letter in the post yesterday from Princess Southampton saying that if I wanted to continue to be a member of The Princess Cruises Captain Circle, I needed to update my preferences.

I have just done that through My Princess Profile.

It also said that 'If there other members in your household who would like to remain members, they should do it as well'

My partner has not received any contact from Princess, so not sure if they are contacting everyone?

Didn't get one in the U.S. Seems odd they call it a loyalty scheme.

As others have said, this is an EU requirement. And "scheme" means something different in the UK, specifically "an officially organized plan or system". Nothing nefarious...

What spelling errors are you seeing?

I see 'programme'...which means that either someone cannot spell, someone isn't familiar with Commonwealth grammar or someone hasn't read this thread to see that it applies to the UK.

Are the colours correct? :cool:

I see 'programme'...which means that either someone cannot spell, someone isn't familiar with Commonwealth grammar or someone hasn't read this thread to see that it applies to the UK.

Are the colours correct? :cool:

Unfortunately Cruise Critic does have some members with reading comprehension problems.

People in the UK have been receiving countless emails from all and sundry companies regarding this new data protection law. I think this was all in response to the big Facebook fiasco.

Basically the emails only apply to EU and therefore the UK. Princess describe the Captain's Circle as a loyalty scheme which British people will understand. The spelling errors are English as written by people in the UK not America so slight differences will be seen, programme for example instead of program.

The losing of your loyalty status is a bluff in my opinion in many cases as Princess know how many cruises you have done. Previous cruises on some other lines also count towards loyalty level, P&O, Ocean Village and Sitmar for example and if people book with Princess with ancient previously unadvised cruises from these lines and deny sharing of data then the two companies cannot liase with each other.

It will adversely affect very few people in my opinion if you fail to log in and record preferences.

Regards John