First Sailing After Refurb: Mariner

So I understand that the “Free Cruise” we received for sitting through a time share presentation will be Mariner’s first full sailing after its dry dock (June 25). We’ve been on lots of Royal cruises, but this will be our first on a ship straight out of a refurb. We have never been on Mariner before, so we can’t really compare “before and after.” Any thoughts about what to expect and or what to look for on a newly refreshed ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are stories about workmen still I talking carpet, restaurants not ready to open, new attractions not on line yet, a real thing? Common place or rate exceptions?

Are stories about workmen still I talking carpet, restaurants not ready to open, new attractions not on line yet, a real thing? Common place or rate exceptions?

There could be some work still going on, but in this case I think it's less likely because they have the non-revenue transatlantic to finish up.

We sailed on Oasis a few years ago after her drydock, there were some issues but nothing bad, the one that really affected us was getting onboard and to our cabin and discovering some builders already in it who were travelling with the ship, but a trip to guest services later we were sorted with a nice upgrade to a new cabin.

After two rounds of sailing after drydock, Oasis and Navigator, we won’t do that again unless you don’t mind some things being unfinished. We had little in disruption but others had horrendous inconveniences (toilet that didn’t work for three days-couple was in their seventies).

Our very first cruise, was Mariner and we were the first sailing out of drydock. Being newbies, we had no clue. Heck, I didn't even know if until about 2 weeks before we sailed when I found Cruise Critic. The ship was great as was the service. The only form of ongoing anything I saw (and remember) is one day we came back to the cabin and there were legs sticking out of our bathroom. They were doing some finishing touches of some form. No biggie.

Erika

Not sure if you have made D+ yet...but they are tearing out the CL also. Putting a new SL in on the VCL deck for full suites and Pinnacles only.

The Diamond lounge will still exist on the other side of the VCL though, correct?

The Diamond lounge will still exist on the other side of the VCL though, correct?

Yes. But will miss having a choice of two lounges. :(

Could book a full suite for SL access (not worth it to me on the 3/4 out of PC)...or better yet, step up the PC. (Pinnacle Chase ;)).

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Liberty of the Seas 12 weeks after refurb and they were still working on the tidal wave and some of the panoramic rooms. I know a few on our sailing said they were relocated from their original cabins they booked. So on the first sailing out of dry dock I would say expect there to still be workers onboard.