Does NCL discount children’s tickets?

Habs_cat

NCL newbie here. I’m looking for prices for a family of 4 - 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child - on a Baltic cruise for summer 2019. On the NCL site when I enter “4 guests” it seems to give me the regular price X 4. I can find no place to enter ages for guests 3 and 4 other than to go through and enter personal information on all passengers, which seems excessive when I just want a preliminary idea of cost at this point.

Does NCL routinely discount guests 3 and 4 in the same stateroom? Or does NCL ever offer “kids sail free” deals?

(And since I know many cruisers hate kids, don’t worry, mine are civilized and supervised. I promise.;))

Yes NCL offers 3 and 4th sail free, it you may have to look for awhile if you’re sailing at a popular time.

NCL does a tricky thing with their posted rates, even if it’s 3 and 4th sail free, the price is shown as per person. So if the first and second are $1000 each and third and fourth are free, the price shown would be $500 each. (I know this isn’t exactly how it works, as third and fourth still have port changes, but it illustrates my point.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As stated above, most of the time 3rd and 4th passengers are lower priced than the 1st and 2nd passengers. But most lines will average out the price so that it's shown as a per person price (total price $2,000; per person price $500/pp), rather than showing 1st and 2nd at $750/pp and 3rd/4th at $250/pp.

Most of the lines will offer either a kids sail free or 3rd/4th sail free at different times and on different ships/routes. You just need to keep looking. And even when they don't pay cruise fare, they will pay taxes and port charges.

As stated above, most of the time 3rd and 4th passengers are lower priced than the 1st and 2nd passengers. But most lines will average out the price so that it's shown as a per person price (total price $2,000; per person price $500/pp), rather than showing 1st and 2nd at $750/pp and 3rd/4th at $250/pp.

Most of the lines will offer either a kids sail free or 3rd/4th sail free at different times and on different ships/routes. You just need to keep looking. And even when they don't pay cruise fare, they will pay taxes and port charges.

I just look at the cruise and price it out for two since the first two pay the bulk of the fare. My next cruise my kids fair was a little under 7% of my fair

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

NCL newbie here. I’m looking for prices for a family of 4 - 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child - on a Baltic cruise for summer 2019. On the NCL site when I enter “4 guests” it seems to give me the regular price X 4. I can find no place to enter ages for guests 3 and 4 other than to go through and enter personal information on all passengers, which seems excessive when I just want a preliminary idea of cost at this point.

Does NCL routinely discount guests 3 and 4 in the same stateroom? Or does NCL ever offer “kids sail free” deals?

(And since I know many cruisers hate kids, don’t worry, mine are civilized and supervised. I promise.;))

On occasion NCL will run a special where the 3rd and 4th guests sail free, but it has nothing to do with the passengers age. It is not on all sailings and doesn't happen too often.

The baltics are all about the destination, and the ship is a little less important. If you need a 3rd and 4th guest sail free, you should open up your search to all lines since you might do better elsewhere. Also, ncl is docking an hour away in nynashamn instead of directly in Stockholm this year, so a smaller ship that will let you go through the archipelago and dock in Stockholm would be better. We took a 3 year old on this cruise - he loved it- and there’s a lot of details in my review in my signature line.