Oasis - Owners suite. Your thoughts on my price quote.

Yes another WWYD? Oasis Dec 9 2018 - Already booked in a JS. Got a good deal I think $3068.00 with insurance and $100 OCB.

Booked it with Royal directly under a refundable deposit so I can change/cancel if needed.Now looking to upgrade to the Owners Suite but the cost is more than double what we are paying at $6575.00 plus insurance

Been reading about going through a travel agent and got some quotes to include 800.00 OBC and free gratuities.

It will be my husband and I on this sailing celebrating my 50th birthday and wanted to splurge a little, but am having a hard time justifying the cost difference. I have been comparing at prices for the Owners suite at different times of the year to get a sense of "what the going rate is". I really wanted the Grand suite but they are sold-out. What would you do? keep the JS or splurge for the Owners?? TIA :)

I paid 5k for same cruise 2 weeks before , I originally had grand suite for same price bit price kept going down and was able to get owners suite for that same price, this was booked end of March this year. With insurance and gratuity price was 5742, with 100 ocb

You should consider the perks that come with a full suite and whether you would use them. The SL and CK are very nice to have, as well as the suite sun deck, reserved show seats, and priority embarking and disembarking. If you don't really care about these things then I agree you should save your money for other things on the ship.

Personally, I would splurge. I don't think we can ever go back to not having a full suite. You could always hold onto the JS and see if a GS opens up closer to payment time.

Nothing wrong with a JS...it's a lovely space, especially if you're only used to regular cabins. But, you don't get the "suite perks" like you would in a GS or above. How much would those "perks" add in monetary value to make it worth it to you?

You may want to look at a Crown Loft Suite. It is not much less expensive and there is a lot of discussion about which is better, but we really enjoy being on 17 and having the extra bathroom even if it is just two of us. Proximity to the Suite Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen is nice as well. Keep an eye out though, a GS may well become available between now December.

You should consider the perks that come with a full suite and whether you would use them. The SL and CK are very nice to have, as well as the suite sun deck, reserved show seats, and priority embarking and disembarking. If you don't really care about these things then I agree you should save your money for other things on the ship.

Personally, I would splurge. I don't think we can ever go back to not having a full suite. You could always hold onto the JS and see if a GS opens up closer to payment time.

Also really loved suite beach and buffet at ladabee

What about a Grand Suite instead? Same benefits as the Owner’s Suite, and the room & balcony are plenty large for 2 but generally at a good savings.

Those perks sound great from the TA, I personally would take advantage of $1,000 savings.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We are happy with the JS but thought a suite with the "suite perks" would be nice treat for ourselves. Add in some OBC and free gratuities certainly helps to justify paying the difference.

We love to spend time on the balcony so the larger room/balcony is the a big draw.

Would definitely use the SL/CK.

My husbands biggest + is the priority boarding.

Internet would come with the suite also, if I read correctly.?

We have purchased the beverage package before but would not do it again, it felt like work the last few days to come out ahead lol.

I guess my last question would be for those of you who have booked through a TA and received OBC, did you see the credit in your cruise planner before boarding? I guess thats a question for the TA if we book perhaps.

Really appreciate you all taking the time to reply. We will sleep on it an decide tomorrow :)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We are happy with the JS but thought a suite with the "suite perks" would be nice treat for ourselves. Add in some OBC and free gratuities certainly helps to justify paying the difference.

We love to spend time on the balcony so the larger room/balcony is the a big draw.

We have purchased the beverage package before but would not do it again, it felt like work the last few days to come out ahead lol.

I guess my last question would be for those of you who have booked through a TA and received OBC, did you see the credit in your cruise planner before boarding? I guess thats a question for the TA if we book perhaps.

Really appreciate you all taking the time to reply. We will sleep on it an decide tomorrow :)

Internet is included with Sky and Star class suites. TA OBC does not show up in the pre-cruise Cruise Planner.

Yes, Voom is included.

For drinks, the Suite Lounge offers a limited selection of complimentary beer & wine from 11a-11p and free select cocktails from 5:30-8 (roughly).

Just remember, that price may not be there tomorrow. Whichever you decide you’ll have a great cruise!

Yes another WWYD? Oasis Dec 9 2018 - Already booked in a JS. Got a good deal I think $3068.00 with insurance and $100 OCB.

Booked it with Royal directly under a refundable deposit so I can change/cancel if needed.Now looking to upgrade to the Owners Suite but the cost is more than double what we are paying at $6575.00 plus insurance

Been reading about going through a travel agent and got some quotes to include 800.00 OBC and free gratuities.

It will be my husband and I on this sailing celebrating my 50th birthday and wanted to splurge a little, but am having a hard time justifying the cost difference. I have been comparing at prices for the Owners suite at different times of the year to get a sense of "what the going rate is". I really wanted the Grand suite but they are sold-out. What would you do? keep the JS or splurge for the Owners?? TIA :)

Here is a youtube video of an owner's suite on OofS. It may not be THE owner's suite that you get, should you choose it, but it is a great video. It is GORGEOUS ... of course, this is coming from a regular old cabin dweller. :D

CAREFUL...once you go in a suite it's HARD to go back lol

If you can afford it, go for it. The perks on a big ship like that are worth it . We also like to order off the dining room menu sometimes and have it delivered to the room.

I'm always a splurger! Life's short! It's your anniversary! I think that's a LITTLE high for a OS but it is that it is. Have you seen a picture of that BALCONY? Dinner served from the dining room on your HUGE balcony table....later order room service at no charge! VOOM for two is no extra charge. You may never leave your suite! Which isn't always a bad thing BTW! If you can swing it, DO IT!

GO FOR IT!!! Hubby just mentioned getting a suite for our anniversary in January. I'M SO STOKED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

He's a newbie, cruise #3 for him on Allure in October. I'm going to book the best suite for the best price and call it a day.

If you can swing it, YES SPLURGE!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I am in the same conundrum for an upcoming cruise on Harmony. We booked a GS and the OS is almost $2,000 more. I like the size but the perks are identical so it feels like if it would be a waste of money.