Mobile phone internet on the island

Guym20

I'm going on a cruise to the carribeans on 3 different countries (Jamaica, Haiti and Mexico).

I'll be leaving from Florida, USA.

I wonder if there's a way to buy a sim card that can work on all 3 countries, or at least some of them?

Thank you

T-Mobile works in all those countries and over 140 more countries for no additional fees other than 25 cents a min for phone. With our regular plan we get unlimited data and text just about everywhere around the world.

If you want to simply get a SIM that will work in all those places you can take a look at Mobal.com. We used to have Mobal for many years until T-Mobile came onto the scene with plans that are near perfect for frequent international travelers. Our simple T-Mobile motto is "it works everywhere" which seems to be near the truth.

Hank

Thank you!

Hlitner, I'm not sure I understand - I'm not a US citizen, can I just buy a sim card on T-Mobile as a tourist and it should work everywhere?

If so, how is it different than Mobal.com?

Also, is there any chance that it will also work on the sea at some of the times?

Thank you!

Hlitner, I'm not sure I understand - I'm not a US citizen, can I just buy a sim card on T-Mobile as a tourist and it should work everywhere?

Also, is there any chance that it will also work on the sea at some of the times?

Check with your phone carrier at home; they may have an "international" plan that you can sign up for. Some pay-as-you-go plans have this option too.

Thank you!

Not sure you can just buy a T-Mobile Sim without subscribing to their service. Being a citizen has nothing to do with it, but you may have to at least live in the USA. Mobal used to give you a UK phone number (not sure if this is still the case) but their SIMs are excellent and work in many countries (they should have the info on their web site). I have no clue as to whether MOBAL Sims would work at sea (you can call and ask them) but keep in mind that using Celluar At Sea can be very expensive (at least$4.95 per min). No matter what carrier you have, when you call at sea you are at the mercy of the cell system on the ship and it costs big bucks.

Hank

When I joined T-Mobile a few years ago there were monthly plans that didn't require a credit check but they didn't have the international roaming benefits. The pre-paid plans don't have international roaming (Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are considered domestic use on all plans, but the service in St. Thomas isn't very good outside if Charlotte Amalie in my experience).

If you can manage to get a T-Mobile plan there is no contract commitment so it would work for one month and then you could cancel. I think the One Plan is about $70 for a month. Do you have any close friends in the US?

Not sure if you can get a normal T-Mobile plan without a US address.

They do have a travel package for people coming to the US that is 3 weeks unlimited service IN THE US.

I will try to remember to ask about the first when I go by the T-mobile store.

Yeah, I think that's an issue too. That's why I mentioned a close friend in the US. I'd be able to add a line to my T-Mobile account for $20/month, if I had a friend coming to the US for a month or two, and that line would have all the Simple Global benefits.

You need a T-Mobile postpaid plan to take advantage of the unlimited text & data abroad.

When I was with AT&T, I kept a T-Mobile prepaid acct open for $3/month (used occasionally as a burner) and would convert to a postpaid plan for a month when traveling abroad. $50 for the month, same sim and phone number, and convert back to prepaid when I returned home.

onesimcard works, but there are some nuances to that service. Do your homework and read the fine print. If you understand how it works and what you will and won't get, it can be a worthwhile sol'n, or an option to smartly pass on, depending on your needs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk