Help needed.

Monmary

We have a cruise booked in January. I have only paid the down payment with the balance due Oct. 1. We recently found out my daughter is pregnant with triplets (!) and they will be born around the time of our cruise.

I did not get trip insurance. Can I change the date of the cruise or am I out of luck? These will be my first grandchildren and I can’t miss their birth.

Thanks for the help!

If the final payment is not due till Oct 1, then you can cancel without penalty unless you bought one of those cruises with the nonrefundable deposit, and even then you wouldn't lose that much and might be able to transfer it to a future cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

What an exciting time for you. All the best to all involved.

We have a cruise booked in January. I have only paid the down payment with the balance due Oct. 1. We recently found out my daughter is pregnant with triplets (!) and they will be born around the time of our cruise.

I did not get trip insurance. Can I change the date of the cruise or am I out of luck? These will be my first grandchildren and I can’t miss their birth.

Thanks for the help!

Was your deposit refundable? If so you can cancel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the help!

You have a few options. Firstly you have no idea when she will deliver. You can be sure her OB will want her to get to at least 32 weeks, ideally 36 weeks but she is HIGHLY LIKELY to deliver early. If they’re born at 32 weeks the kids will likely, barring complications be in hospital for a minimum of 4 weeks though likely 6-8. Soooo....I’m not sure if you want to sneak a trip in during these time frames or what. I doubt you’d have a good time if she’s pregnant during a trip as that would be all you’d be thinking about.

One thing is for sure....she’s going to need help. My friend had triplets and she ran the house like a military parade. Everything was on a schedule.