Deck 9, 10 or 11? Encore

Scb71

Which deck do you prefer and why?

We have a suite booked on 9 - but could move to 10 or 11. We had one on 8 but it was the last one right at the atrium staircase and thought that might be a little too much action being under the pool, at the very edge, but also by the stairs and the Sushi restaurant. So I moved to 9 which is the pool level. Being right by the observation bar on 11 might be nice or it could be an annoyance. 10 is in the middle on on the sky bar level. First class problems with these sorts of decisions but hence the post seeking other input.

I cannot recall the other decks we've stayed on to be frank so am sure we will be happy with whatever but since this is a here and now decision I wanted to ask for some opinions and feedback.

We sailed on Encore and had a suite on the same deck as Seabourn Square and loved that location.

Our suite on Ovation was on deck 8 and we think we would have preferred the deck of Seabourn Square again. I don't really see the advantage of the higher decks. Maybe someone can set me straight on that.

Edited by SLSD

Which deck do you prefer and why?

We have a suite booked on 9 - but could move to 10 or 11. We had one on 8 but it was the last one right at the atrium staircase and thought that might be a little too much action being under the pool, at the very edge, but also by the stairs and the Sushi restaurant. So I moved to 9 which is the pool level. Being right by the observation bar on 11 might be nice or it could be an annoyance. 10 is in the middle on on the sky bar level. First class problems with these sorts of decisions but hence the post seeking other input.

I cannot recall the other decks we've stayed on to be frank so am sure we will be happy with whatever but since this is a here and now decision I wanted to ask for some opinions and feedback.

We were on Deck 10 & felt it was a perfect fit for us. Just a few doors down from the doors leading out to the sky bar & catwalk overlooking the pool. Sometimes is was just nice to walk out and sit at the tables overlooking the pool.....seems like someone was always handing me a glass of champagne.

It seemed like such a short walk to everywhere on the ship.....loved the Encore!

We wanted 10 but nothing available. So are on 11 on an upcoming cruise. Nice to have a drink then not have to walk far to get “home”.

Still, it might be an annoyance being so far away from the heart of the ship. I think it’s splitting hairs once you get above the pool deck

We've liked Deck 11 on the Encore and Ovation -- the Observation Bar is just down the hall (like a neighborhood pub). It's nice to be able to pop in for early-morning coffee or an after-dinner drink, and the hall tends to get little traffic.

The only downside: it is a bit of a hike to get to Seabourn Square and the Colonnade.

Thanks. We ended up choosing 10 and hope it works out well. Similar to you- I liked the idea of being near the observation bar and the sky bar and pool but also not being right on 9 where all the pool traffic walks by. With that said, I’ve never had an issue with any spot so I am sure they are all good.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in suite 1115 on Encore this past year. Loved the room,loved the location. Extremely quiet & no noise from the observation bar either.

Hi FDNYCruiser,

We just received our suite assignment for our upcoming cruise, and we were assigned to 1114, across the hall from you. After looking at the deck schematic, my first reaction was to reach out to Seabourn to request a different room. Its proximity to both the elevators and the Observation Bar concerns me; we prefer quiet. Then I read your post and thought that maybe it would be hasty of me to request a change.

When you first saw the location of your room, were you concerned about noise? I like being on a high deck, but am OK to be lower if it means quieter. I appreciate your thoughts... thanks!

I have read that being close to elevators does not increase noise. And I think the rooms are far enough from the Observation Bar to make exposure to noise minimal. I have not had a suite on this floor, but I know the layout and can't imagine that noise from the Observation Bar will be an issue for you.

I have read that being close to elevators does not increase noise. And I think the rooms are far enough from the Observation Bar to make exposure to noise minimal. I have not had a suite on this floor, but I know the layout and can't imagine that noise from the Observation Bar will be an issue for you.

When do you board? We are assigned deck 11 also in a few weeks. I posted elsewhere and was also likewise reassured it was quiet enough, close to the observation bar but a little stroll to other places.

We are not on your voyage, but we have sailed on both the Encore and the Ovation--so I have been on that deck often. The Observation Bar is set back from the hallways with suites. I have not had a suite next to an elevator, but have read on this site that others who have had close proximity to an elevator were not bothered by it.

Thanks. We ended up choosing 10 and hope it works out well. Similar to you- I liked the idea of being near the observation bar and the sky bar and pool but also not being right on 9 where all the pool traffic walks by. With that said, I’ve never had an issue with any spot so I am sure they are all good.

We were in 1028 & our friends in 1027 in May, handpicked by our TA. We all just loved the location. We are booked on Silversea Muse for our next trip and are on Deck 11 which is similar to 10 on a Encore. One deck above pool. The sky bar right there when you come out, with tables and deck chairs. We just loved it.

We were on Deck 10 & felt it was a perfect fit for us. Just a few doors down from the doors leading out to the sky bar & catwalk overlooking the pool. Sometimes is was just nice to walk out and sit at the tables overlooking the pool.....seems like someone was always handing me a glass of champagne.

It seemed like such a short walk to everywhere on the ship.....loved the Encore!

Ditto Cece50,

Deck 10 same spot, just a few cabins inside from the Sky Bar door sublime on ENCORE. We were so very grateful as we booked OB.

To add to the deck 10 experience. Walk around the outside deck across to the Spa and Gym'. Trot down one set of stairs and past the pool to the Colonnade for breakfast and maybe as an alternative lunch at the Patio bar. Then up one deck to the Observation bar for afternoon tea, tapas and pre dinner dinks. As you are so close to the pool a late afternoon a dip in the pool whilst most are dressing for dinner . I nearly forgot icecream on deck 9 . Belissimo.

Hi FDNYCruiser,

When you first saw the location of your room, were you concerned about noise? I like being on a high deck, but am OK to be lower if it means quieter. I appreciate your thoughts... thanks!

We didn't know that we were in 1115 until we checked in. I don't know why they upgraded us,but it turned out great. To answer your question,my first thought when I saw the location was noise. However, that turned out not to be the case. Never heard any noise from elevators, or observation bar. However, the retreat was on top of us,and sometimes could hear chairs etc.being moved when they were setting up. Other than that, extremely quiet,and very private. During the day,having the observation bar right outside your door was almost like having your own private living room. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did