Hoi An: Vietnam Special Shopping Location!!

TLCOhio

From the Travel Section of the London/UK Independent two days ago, they had this headline: Why Hoi An Is Ultimate Shopping Destinationwith these highlights: Hoi An, the so-called tailoring capital of Vietnam, is where hundreds of shops line the noisy, motorbike-laden streets, vying for the dongs and dollars of tourists keen fill their wardrobes with hand-tailored clothes. Talented craftsmen can stitch up custom-made garments, from a bespoke two-piece suit to a copy of a Victoria Beckham dress, designing every intricate detail from the lining to the buttons at a fraction of the cost back at home (two-piece suits can cost from £75).

We super loved our couple of visits to Hoi An in Vietnam earlier this year. Such a fun and super interesting city with its unique history as trading town for hundreds of years. Earlier in the below-linked live/blog, I have posted many, many pictures and details to prove why we enjoyed Hoi An so much. Adding to the excitement there was being in his locationduring their New Years periodwith the unique decorations for their period of celebration.

Full story at:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/hoi-an-tailoring-clothes-bespoke-custom-made-shopping-vietnam-a8433556.html

Here is another link for one of their stories about Hoi An from 2014 with added mention of this very special city:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/nicki-chapman-my-life-in-travel-hoi-an-is-a-beautiful-vietnamese-town-on-a-river-i-would-highly-9254484.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 27,217 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

• 2 weeks later...
We covered Hoi An during an APT Mekong River added Guided Tour. I covered it in this review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/12/29/far-eastern-trilogy-part-2-good-morning-vietnam/

Appreciate these follow-ups, added posts, this picture, etc. Nice and helpful sharing!! Don't be shy. Share your experiences and/or ask any questions.

Below are a few of my highlight pictures from our two visits to Hoi An earlier this year. We really enjoyed its charm, character, history and style. Many more Hoi An visuals can be seen starting on page nine of my live/blog for this Southeast Asia adventure.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 208,855 views for this posting.

From Hoi An, here are two visuals connected with its famed Japanese Covered Bridge. At about 500-years-old, it is the "real deal". Not just an old bridge, but one that has a temple inside of it. Plus, monkeys at both ends to "guard" and protect it. Fortunately, Hoi An was never damaged during any wars and that makes this town so interesting to walk around and soak up its charming atmosphere!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

CMY_5172%2018_zpshvmw9xgn.jpg

CMY_5186%2017_zpsjyic92wq.jpg

Here are a couple more of my visuals from Hoi An reflecting its fun for shopping, food, architecture, design, etc., options here. See the yellow mums in the background right? They have been all over in Vietnam due to the Lunar New Years celebrations. People in this country love their flowers. Plus, at this time, you see more of their nation's red flag with its red star. Those colorful touches been a fun "bonus" during our time here.:

CMY_5192%2014_zpshweplhfh.jpg

CMY_5195%2013_zpsza7vqykv.jpg

Because of the significant Chinese population that has historically been in Hoi An, they have their own temples in this town. Below are a couple of examples. The China New Year is at the same time as this holiday for Vietnam. That benefited us with lots of colorful decorations!:

CMY_5214%2010_zpsumhq2dji.jpg

Here is a visual from a cute coffee shop where we had a quick lunch. The coffee here in Vietnam is great per my wife and others. Personally, I don't do coffee, but all of the feed-back has been positive. Notice the cute hat worn by the staff here?:

CMY_5240%207_zpshmgsydo0.jpg