SeaTac to Port Seattle

amnorto87

Looking for a some advice!

My sister and I will be cruising in September on our first ever Alaskan cruise!!

We are going to arrive 2 days earlier to explore Seattle and will be renting a car. I was wondering if anyone has any insights on if certain rental cars offer a shuttle to Port Seattle after you drop off the car at SeaTac? (Miami airport offers this service).

Also if not, does anyone have any recommendations for shuttles to take? We have looked at Uber and it is about $47 total one way.

Seatac Airport is about a 30 minute drive from downtown so you won't find a free shuttle.

But Alamo, Enterprise and National have kiosks at each pier ..... they allow you to drop the car downtown and they shuttle you to the pier.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/cruise-guest-services-and-accessibility

Otherwise, ride the Light Rail from the airport to downtown (40 minutes, $3). Then take a cab to whichever pier you're going to. (Be aware that it's a 10 minute walk to the Airport Light Rail Station).

https://www.soundtransit.org/schedules/link-light-rail

Otherwise Seattle Express, Shuttle express are 2 transfer companies. Go to the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and look under Top Questions for other cruise type info.

I assume you need the car for exploring outside Seattle?? You don't need one for downtown, and parking is super expensive.

Thank you for all the information!! I’ll look into all the options! Yes we are driving to anacortes and taking the ferry to the San Juan islands!!
You are driving from the airport to the San Juans ferry then dropping the car downtown for the cruise shuttle two days later? Are you spending the night on the islands? Do you have a car reservation on the ferry?

PS this belongs on the West Coast Departures board, not the Alaska one.

you spending the night on the islands? Do you have a car reservation on the ferry?

great point about needing reservations. That's a popular route with limited space.

Can't say that I've ever taken my car to the San Juans. I've left the car in Anacortes and take my bike on the ferry to do my exploring.

We are staying near Anacortez and taking the ferry over to the islands in the morning. We are not taking the car as I have done my research and the excursion we are doing offers transportation.

Also we are taking an Alaskan cruise so I thought I would post here. Don’t post much on cruise critic cause normally I can find out what I am looking for from other post so was unaware of the west coast departures board.... didn’t think it really mattered.

We are doing a similar thing...arriving several days early, picking up a car at SeaTac and we are returning it near the ports. And we are not leaving Seattle until following day after cruise and picking up car near ports and returning it to airport.

We were in Seattle for 3 days before our cruise. I see that you need a car to go out to San Juan Islands. If any of you plan on, staying in Seattle before or after your cruise, you really don't need to rent a car. We took a shuttle from the airport to our hotel. Our hotel was less than a five minute walk to the Space Needle and all the Museums. We walked to and from Pike Place for an early morning food tour. It was so much fun. Most of the hotels downtown have a free shuttle to places within a mile of the hotel. The Olympic Sculpture Park is also a pretty place to walk through and it is on the water. We had a blast and saw lots of stuff. Seattle is a very walkable city. We had beautiful weather. We got a shuttle from the hotel to Pier 91 for $25 for both of us. Whatever you decide to do have a wonderful time in Seattle. It is a beautiful city.