Anchorage cruise port distance to downtown

CruiseMob

We're doing a 14 day cruise next year with a stop in Anchorage. I'm considering taking the kids to the zoo and saw the free shuttle from downtown. We're also interested in the museum. What is the distance from the dock to the museum? Is there a shuttle? If not, is it walk-able? It looks like from the museum to the zoo shuttle is about .5 mile - so that's walk-able.

You’ll take a shuttle from the ship to a downtown location, 7- 10 minutes.There have been a couple different drop off points in the past but they are all walkable to the museum. There is a free shuttle to both the zoo and museum from the Visitor Center Log Cabin on the corner of 4th Ave and F St. Very walkable from wherever you’ll be dropped off. The visitor center should also have the location of the drop off point, which can change if there is an event scheduled at that location. 907-276-4118

I was on that 14 day cruise a few years ago, and the shuttle to 'town' took us to the Egan Center, where they had a 'hospitality table' set up for us....It is not very far, about 1.8 miles, and about an 8 minute ride. I noticed in this more recent video, they dropped passenger's at their Westmark Hotel...

Can I make an alternate suggestion? Rent a car and drive an hour south to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center: https://www.alaskawildlife.org/

We stopped there for an hour during our shuttle from Anchorage to embarkation in Whittier. It would make a great place to take kids. Also nice viewing points on the road on the way.

I did not visit the zoo in Anchorage so I cannot make a comparison.