Just off the refurbished Indy.Happy to answer any questions !

How long was your cruise? We have a little 3 nighter on her in October, and I'd be very interested in the frequency and availability of shows- Grease, the ice skating shows etc. I believe you don't book tickets in advance, you just turn up and hope for a space? This will be my first RCI cruise so I'm a little clueless here.

Also how did you find availability for the activities such as the VR trampoline things?

And finally, any food recommendations?

Could you possibly let me know what specialty restaurants are onboard apart from Chops please - thanks

As I remember, as well as Chops there is Giovanni's Table and Izumi. To be honest we ate in the MDR , Windjammer, Sorrentos and the Promenade and didn't feel the need to try out speciality restaurants. The food was always good in the included ones.

How long was your cruise? We have a little 3 nighter on her in October, and I'd be very interested in the frequency and availability of shows- Grease, the ice skating shows etc. I believe you don't book tickets in advance, you just turn up and hope for a space? This will be my first RCI cruise so I'm a little clueless here.

Also how did you find availability for the activities such as the VR trampoline things?

And finally, any food recommendations?

We were on a 14 night cruise which I thought might be too long but there is so much to do on this ship, it wasn't long enough ! Grease was brilliant and was on 3 times. Ice show was on twice and was equally good. Very talented performers. We arrived 30 mins before the start for Grease and had no problem getting seats. And there were 8 of us ! We could and did book seats for the Ice Show which simply meant we had to turn up 15 mins before the performance. People without tickets were let in 10 mins later. Trampoline (Skypad) was never busy. Apart from the Flowrider we never had to queue for any activities. Bear in mind there are age restrictions on most activities. My 3 grandchildren (4,5 and turning 7 on cruise!) were with us and the 4 year old couldn't do a lot of things. Our just turned 7 year old however got to the very top of the climbing wall ! Proud granny here:D :D!

We ate in the MDR , Windjammer , Sorrentos Pizza and Promenade cafe and enjoyed everything. Seafood was excellent and salad variety impressive. Can't comment on speciality restaurants as we didn't use them. Hope that's all helpful

We were on a 14 night cruise which I thought might be too long but there is so much to do on this ship, it wasn't long enough ! Grease was brilliant and was on 3 times. Ice show was on twice and was equally good. Very talented performers. We arrived 30 mins before the start for Grease and had no problem getting seats. And there were 8 of us ! We could and did book seats for the Ice Show which simply meant we had to turn up 15 mins before the performance. People without tickets were let in 10 mins later. Trampoline (Skypad) was never busy. Apart from the Flowrider we never had to queue for any activities. Bear in mind there are age restrictions on most activities. My 3 grandchildren (4,5 and turning 7 on cruise!) were with us and the 4 year old couldn't do a lot of things. Our just turned 7 year old however got to the very top of the climbing wall ! Proud granny here:D :D!

We ate in the MDR , Windjammer , Sorrentos Pizza and Promenade cafe and enjoyed everything. Seafood was excellent and salad variety impressive. Can't comment on speciality restaurants as we didn't use them. Hope that's all helpful

Thank you! Very helpful. Did people tend to dress up for the formal nights?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. We were thinking of doing 14 nights in Sep on the Independence but many of the reviews since the refurb talk about queues and lack of seating with the additional staterooms that have been added. Did you notice queues when re boarding the ship in ports, difficult finding seats in the evening or tables in the Windjamer ? Or was it go at a busy time and it will be busy ?

Thanks.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. We were thinking of doing 14 nights in Sep on the Independence but many of the reviews since the refurb talk about queues and lack of seating with the additional staterooms that have been added. Did you notice queues when re boarding the ship in ports, difficult finding seats in the evening or tables in the Windjamer ? Or was it go at a busy time and it will be busy

Thanks.

Hi, I've read those reviews too but that honestly wasn't my experience. We were actually in one of the new rooms on deck 12. Our grandchildren loved the pool and we were always able to get sunbeds. If you didn't need to be near the pool there were always lots of free sunbeds at Independence Dunes and other spots on deck 12. Deck 4 had lounging chairs which were usually deserted. We were a party of 8 and sometimes had breakfast in the MDR - no problem, we were taken straight to a table. Other meals were generally in the Windjammer and even with our large party we always managed to get a table for all of us. Never experienced a wait while reboarding. Can't speak for the bars at night as I was heading for bed after the shows -which could be late enough !

Janice

We were on the 14 night cruise on 16th June and had a fantastic time. I see reviews from people on the same cruise as I was complaining about all kinds of things and I wonder if I was really n the same cruise? Even at busy times we always managed to find a table in the Windjammer without too much of a problem, and we always got a sunbed when we wanted one, although obviously not in a prime position as we aren't into grabbing beds early.

One thing we did find was it was sometimes a bit difficult to find somewhere to sit for a pre dinner cocktail, but that wasn't too much of an issue for us.

Service in the MDR was better than I have ever experienced with our waiter, assistant waiter and the supervisor constantly trying to please.

To the person doing the three nighter, I have heard that these are becoming something of a booze cruise with people drinking to excess and spoiling it for everyone else.

We were on the 14 night cruise on 16th June and had a fantastic time. I see reviews from people on the same cruise as I was complaining about all kinds of things and I wonder if I was really n the same cruise? Even at busy times we always managed to find a table in the Windjammer without too much of a problem, and we always got a sunbed when we wanted one, although obviously not in a prime position as we aren't into grabbing beds early.

One thing we did find was it was sometimes a bit difficult to find somewhere to sit for a pre dinner cocktail, but that wasn't too much of an issue for us.

Service in the MDR was better than I have ever experienced with our waiter, assistant waiter and the supervisor constantly trying to please.

To the person doing the three nighter, I have heard that these are becoming something of a booze cruise with people drinking to excess and spoiling it for everyone else.

Thanks, I have heard that too about the 3 nighters. On our roll call people are saying they have stopped selling the drinks packages so maybe that is what Royal are doing to tackle it? We are used to big busy ships so I'm sure we'll manage even if it is a bit rowdy!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

...We could and did book seats for the Ice Show which simply meant we had to turn up 15 mins before the performance. People without tickets were let in 10 mins later.

Hi,

Indy has 2 ice shows, "Strings" or 'Freeze Frame".

Wondering which Ice show did you see?

Everything sounds good, can't wait to cruise on Indy again.

:cool:

Hi,

Indy has 2 ice shows, "Strings" or 'Freeze Frame".

Wondering which Ice show did you see?

Everything sounds good, can't wait to cruise on Indy again.

:cool:

We saw both shows and they were equally good. My grandchildren enjoyed "Strings" better because they said it had a story and wasn't "just dancing " !!

Hi I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise too. I have read some of the reviews from my trip and like you wondered if we were on the same cruise. My experience was very positive.:D

Were any or all of your grandchildren allowed on the water slides? How were they restricted?

The restrictions are height rather than age. I think the "Perfect Storm "is 48 inches. Our 7 yr old wasn't big enough though her parents enjoyed it ! Its less in Splashaway Bay but we didn't really use it as all ours love to swim so spent most time in the pools .

I'm glad you had a great cruise and happy to hear your grandkids did too! I'm going on Indy again on Thanksgiving but it's the first cruise for my 7-year-old. I'm really hoping she has a great time so we can do Oasis class next. She's 52 inches so it sounds like she should be all clear for the slides. I'm thinking there should be lots of kids on a holiday cruise and in Adventure Ocean so she'll enjoy it more. Did your grandchildren go and what were there opinions? Thank you!

how did u book the ice shows ? onboard or before going? I'm a little confused

We booked both ice shows on board on the second day. They're obviously free but it just gets you in earlier. People without tickets have to wait until 5mins before performance starts.

I'm glad you had a great cruise and happy to hear your grandkids did too! I'm going on Indy again on Thanksgiving but it's the first cruise for my 7-year-old. I'm really hoping she has a great time so we can do Oasis class next. She's 52 inches so it sounds like she should be all clear for the slides. I'm thinking there should be lots of kids on a holiday cruise and in Adventure Ocean so she'll enjoy it more. Did your grandchildren go and what were there opinions? Thank you!

They did go to Adventure Ocean and really enjoyed it. Didn't go every day as we wanted to spend time with them too, but when they did go they had a ball. Activities are very structured and the staff are fantastic

Won lots of prizes too ! There are also family activities such as quizzes which are fun.