Singapore to Shanghai on Celebrity Constellation

jayde43

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to plan my shore excursion for my 20th January cruise. I'm just getting more confused.

I think Vietnam is organised one of my roll call tour mates is organising some private tours and I'm very close to joining them.

This is my itinerary:

• SINGAPORE
  • SINGAPORE
  • BANGKOK/LAEMCHABANG,THAILAND
  • BANGKOK/LAEMCHABANG,THAILAND
  • HO CHI MINH(PHU MY), VIETNAM
  • HUE/DANANG(CHAN MAY),VIETNAM
  • HONG KONG, CHINA
  • HONG KONG, CHINA
  • SHANGHAI (BAOSHAN), CHINASINGAPORE

Any suggestions especially for Bangkok I really don't want to do an overnight stay but I do want to see Bangkok.

Also has anyone done Disneyland in Hong Kong, if so how did you get there from the port?

Any help or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance :ship::ship::ship: :ship:

Your port times in Bangkok are awful and you should reconsider your plan not to overnight there. It's one of the reasons we passed on Celebrity for Southeast Asia and are doing this on Azamara, which docks in both Saigon and Bangkok while Celebrity is two hours away in each. If that weren't an issue, there is no question that given the price difference, we would be on that Celebrity ship.

Your problem is the ship docks two hours away from Bangkok and arrives at 2 pm on day one and departs at 6 pm the next day. This limits touring.

You might want to consider a Tuk Tuk night tour on your first day, stay overnight and do a tour the next day for six hours that does Bangkok highlights.

It's worth a night in a hotel to avoid 4 hours of travel and to maximize your time in that port.

Your port times in Bangkok are awful and you should reconsider your plan not to overnight there. It's one of the reasons we passed on Celebrity for Southeast Asia and are doing this on Azamara, which docks in both Saigon and Bangkok while Celebrity is two hours away in each. If that weren't an issue, there is no question that given the price difference, we would be on that Celebrity ship.

Your problem is the ship docks two hours away from Bangkok and arrives at 2 pm on day one and departs at 6 pm the next day. This limits touring.

You might want to consider a Tuk Tuk night tour on your first day, stay overnight and do a tour the next day for six hours that does Bangkok highlights.

It's worth a night in a hotel to avoid 4 hours of travel and to maximize your time in that port.

Thanks for the tips :) I'm traveling solo, so I'm paying double for my stateroom. I will definitely look into if I can find a cheap option to stay over night :)

Any other tips? Thanks again :)

Thanks for the tips :) I'm traveling solo, so I'm paying double for my stateroom. I will definitely look into if I can find a cheap option to stay over night :)

Any other tips? Thanks again :)

I am still in the planning stages myself and our itinerary is different because it is Hong Kong to Singapore and 15 days.

Just looked at Tripadvisor and Marriott Courtyard in Hong Kong was listed at $87 USD. If you can get something like that, it sounds worthwhile.

We are doing the cruise line's "Hoi An on your own" for $49. It's round trip transportation to Ho An from Danang with a guide on the bus up who then begins with a walking tour. I would think Celebrity does something similar.

If you're solo, I like the idea of doing Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with others on our roll call since you will be at a remote port. We start our itinerary in Hong Kong, so our planning is much different for 3 full days there and staying at a hotel. We'll get an Octopus Card and see highlights of HK and islands. We would probably do differently if it were a two day port.

Good luck.

We are on the March 2nd same cruise the ship arrives in Thailand at 7:00 AM departs next day at 6:00 PM We are doing a tour 2 days with Thai Tour Guide with a group from our roll call. Spending one night at the Chartrium Riverside Hotel. Total cost about $500.00 for 2 of us. Check your roll call I am sure your cruise has a group going.

Even if you overnight in Bangkok you will have very limited time to explore the city. You can't get to Bangkok until approx 5pm the first day and then will have to leave to return to the ship by 3pm the next day. If the ship offers an overnight excursion this may be the best and safest way to maximize your time.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will skip Bangkok and do some local tours. I'm so confused. Will keep on researching :) :ship:

If your ship gets in at 7 am, you should go to Bangkok and do the overnight. If you arrive by 10 am, there is plenty of time for tours on the two days and a nice night in Bangkok. The roll call excursions are your best bet. Good luck and have fun.

If your ship gets in at 7 am, you should go to Bangkok and do the overnight. If you arrive by 10 am, there is plenty of time for tours on the two days and a nice night in Bangkok. The roll call excursions are your best bet. Good luck and have fun.

Unfortunately we don't arrive till 2pm :(

As much as I'm loving this itinerary and definitely not gonna jump ship (pun intended) there are a few flaws.

There seems to be a few lovely things to do locally to the port (well semi locally). I'm crossing my fingers that someone finds something amazing on my roll call and I can join the party.

Have a great cruise too. :) :ship: :ship:

OP, we are on the same sailing, and like you we've been frustrated in our planning by the horrible arrival/departure times. None of the 2 day tours offered by local companies fit within the time constraints.

Right now we're planning to do a combination of things. I think we'll take the ship's bus to and from Bangkok. We found a reasonably priced hotel (Eastin Grand) that is right at a skytrain stop and walking distance to the main ferry stop. A PP mentioned Thai Tour Guide- they do private tours, and we like the look of their night food tour for our arrival night. Then the next day take their city highlights tour to see the Palace, temples, river cruise, etc. I haven't contacted them yet, but since they do private tours, I'm hoping we can customize that tour to fit our departure time.

Seeing some of the sights of Bangkok was one of the reasons we booked this cruise. Just wish we didn't have to jump thru hoops to do it.

We are on the March 2nd same cruise the ship arrives in Thailand at 7:00 AM departs next day at 6:00 PM We are doing a tour 2 days with Thai Tour Guide with a group from our roll call. Spending one night at the Chartrium Riverside Hotel. Total cost about $500.00 for 2 of us. Check your roll call I am sure your cruise has a group going.

My mistake We are on the Millienium March 2nd. so Port times are different and much better in Thailand.

Edited by southernbreezes
Spelling

Unfortunately we don't arrive till 2pm :(

As much as I'm loving this itinerary and definitely not gonna jump ship (pun intended) there are a few flaws.

There seems to be a few lovely things to do locally to the port (well semi locally). I'm crossing my fingers that someone finds something amazing on my roll call and I can join the party.

Have a great cruise too. :) :ship: :ship:

There is absolutely nothing to see or do in the port of Laem Chabang. If you are not going to Bangkok there are options available around Pattaya Beach which is approx 30 minutes from the port.

OP, we are on the same sailing, and like you we've been frustrated in our planning by the horrible arrival/departure times. None of the 2 day tours offered by local companies fit within the time constraints.

Right now we're planning to do a combination of things. I think we'll take the ship's bus to and from Bangkok. We found a reasonably priced hotel (Eastin Grand) that is right at a skytrain stop and walking distance to the main ferry stop. A PP mentioned Thai Tour Guide- they do private tours, and we like the look of their night food tour for our arrival night. Then the next day take their city highlights tour to see the Palace, temples, river cruise, etc. I haven't contacted them yet, but since they do private tours, I'm hoping we can customize that tour to fit our departure time.

Seeing some of the sights of Bangkok was one of the reasons we booked this cruise. Just wish we didn't have to jump thru hoops to do it.

I like your plan. Hopefully, people on your roll call put something together for the OP to join. I do like Expique's Tuk Tuk evening tour and booked it for our first night. We have tours for our other two days in Bangkok, but wanted to see the city at night and the other two tours are day tours.

I am a big fan of Celebrity's, but they do seem to miss on some ports.