Mobility issues - shuttles at pier??

Zeldamarie

Hi, I’ll be sailing on Celebrity Solstice on August 17th and had a question regarding accommodations for those with mobility issues at the piers. Are there shuttles available to take passengers up to the excursion meeting points? I will be docking at Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Any information is helpful. Thank you.

What's the mobility issue? If you are booked with celebrity, the buses will be right outside the ship but how far away they are depends on berth. How far can you walk? Skagway has a golf cart for ships at railroad dock which is where solstice docked last year. There is also a disability board where you might get more info but they need to know specifically what the individual can do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I will be docking at Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Any information is helpful. Thank you.

Just FYI... you don't dock at Tracy Arm. It is a scenic sailing area, where you will (hopefully) see Sawyer Glacier.

Find out where you are in Ketchikan. The floating docks can be a big challenge at low tide. Docks 1 and 2 are fine. The problem docks are 3 and 4.

Are you planning on doing ship tours?

If you give more details you can get more precise answers.

As stated, if you’re in the ship excursions you will meet next to the ship (with a few exceptions). Independent tours in Juneau usually meet by the tram and in Ketchikan at the statue near the visitor center. This can be a long walk depending on where you are docked.