Prague Tour by Viking

krillsister

We stayed at the Palace Art Nouveau very near Old Town Square, just a block from Wenceslas Square. Lovely hotel! We wandered around and found very little, out of the way places to eat and found everyone to be helpful.

Super,

High school classmate friends of ours have filled up an entire Viking longship (Egil) for next July and we have 107 booked now (with more waitlist) for the 3 day Prague preextension in that hotel. They had to switch hotels from the Hilton because group going to Prague was so large.

About how many were on your Prague extension?

Super,

High school classmate friends of ours have filled up an entire Viking longship (Egil) for next July and we have 107 booked now (with more waitlist) for the 3 day Prague preextension in that hotel. They had to switch hotels from the Hilton because group going to Prague was so large.

About how many were on your Prague extension?

No matter how large the ship..... Bragi had 198..... Viking usually does NOT have walking excursions larger than 20+\- to keep the tour manageable! Many small groups, all with excellent local guides who have great personal stories intermixed with facts..... pump them for ever minute piece of info you NEED to know!

You're trip sounds absolutely wonderful! I can just imagine the lounge every evening! Much laughter and good cheer! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for all suggestions on getting the best airfare when flying into one city and out of another -- found it to be much less expensive than I'd first figured (used wrong category) -- that Matrix Airfare site was very helpful; I will definitely mention that info to our TA. And also, thank you for the suggestions of things to do in Prague. If we do not do the Viking extension in Prague, but do it on our own to stay more days, I don't suppose we can use Viking Air (with the deviation fee, of course), can we?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can use Viking Air, paying the deviation fee, even if you book the extended days on your own. As someone has mentioned, you do not get the transfers from/to the airport but their airfares seem better than we get on our own. When we did the Rhine Getaway, we arrived 3 days early in Amsterdam using Viking Air with deviation fee and left out of Berlin 3 days after the cruise ended. We booked our own hotels and extra travel on train to Berlin but the change of cities and dates were all included in our airfare with our cruise. Viking gave us great service and it was a wonderful cruise. Call Viking and discuss with them what you want to do and they will explain what they can and cannot do and what the costs would be.

Viking just booked us in the Art Nouveau Palace hotel in Prague. They said the Corinthia typically over books.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hotel Cloister Inn, Konviksta, Prague is a converted Monastery and is delightfully intimate - none of the chrome & glass modernity! We stayed twice shortly after it opened in 2003 & 2004 and I have just checked a couple of Reviews - it appears to have maintained standards and to have matured gracefully!

It's within walking distance of the Charles Bridge (300-400 metres) which, in turn is within a short stroll up to Prague Castle. There are decent intimate restaurants within 200-300 metres and wandering back at night along historic streets with old-fashioned street lights is both romantic and a delight to photograph!

The whole of Prague is walkable and it is a photographer's delight! We had 5 short breaks in the city between 2003-2006, split between early Autumn, mid-Winter in the snow, and mid-August in the heat and had a wonderful time on each occasion. A city where there is always something new to discover!

• 9 months later...

Leaving in less than two weeks for our cruise and trying to finalize details. Per the included tour of Prague...how extensive is the tour of the castle district? We were in Prague for several days a few years back on our own and saw a lot, but saw very little of the castle district due to the long lines in the summer heat for tickets. We are visiting the palace on our own the next day so no worries there. But I want to know will we see some of the interior of the castle district in the included tour or should we just blow off the tour and book our own tour of just the castle? Please keep in mind we don't need an in depth tour of the castle district...just wanting an overview. Thanks in advance!