beach help needed

dancersp119

As a former cruiser who now lives here, I can tell you that alot of cruisers seem to go to Mambo beach area if they are wanting a calmer beach and bar atmosphere.

The Chill Bar and Angola Bar are typically busy on cruise days.

There is also Madero beach club, Wet N wild area, Cabana and Mood beach all at Mambo with bars that are very busy on cruise days.

This area is not one of the "rustic" beaches you see online.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

As a former cruiser who now lives here, I can tell you that alot of cruisers seem to go to Mambo beach area if they are wanting a calmer beach and bar atmosphere.

There is also Madero beach club, Wet N wild area, Cabana and Mood beach all at Mambo with bars that are very busy on cruise days.

Is there snorkeling at Mambo beach. Would it be too far to go to playa piskadó or Cas Abao beach on a cruise stop? If so how would we get there and what would it cost? Thank you

Is there snorkeling at Mambo beach. Would it be too far to go to playa piskadó or Cas Abao beach on a cruise stop? If so how would we get there and what would it cost? Thank you
Merinski- yes but it is a protected beach so nothing like you would see in the other beaches you mentioned.

Taxi rates are here. Definitely better snorkeling at either of the beaches you mentioned.

You may want to look at a tour company such as Irie Tours and see if that makes better financial sense.

The West side tour will take you to several different beaches and may be perfect for you. tapatalk_1536021339250.jpeg.dfdefb31014f1890bb6dcdc0190ae789.jpeg

Merinski- yes but it is a protected beach so nothing like you would see in the other beaches you mentioned.

Taxi rates are here. Definitely better snorkeling at either of the beaches you mentioned.

You may want to look at a tour company such as Irie Tours and see if that makes better financial sense.

The West side tour will take you to several different beaches and may be perfect for you. [ATTACH]427790[/ATTACH]

Thank you I'll check them out.

Is the Holiday Beach Resort worth checking out? Is it easy walking from ship?
Holiday Beach Resort (otherwise known as Veneto) has declared bankruptcy and the resort is currently closed. Rumor has it there is an interested buyer so that could change.

It's maybe a 15-20 minute walk, might be a bit longer.

Holiday Beach Resort (otherwise known as Veneto) has declared bankruptcy and the resort is currently closed. Rumor has it there is an interested buyer so that could change.

It's maybe a 15-20 minute walk, might be a bit longer.

Thank you for the info.

Could you keep us posted, not coming in until February.

I am looking for the prettiest blue water I can find, where will that be? First timer here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Crazycruser68! All of our beaches have amazing blue water (depending on the weather of course!) almost all the time!

The more natural beaches are in the West Punt area such as Cas Abou, Grote Knip, Porto Mari and many others (these seem to be very popular!).

If it's your first time here, highly suggest a tour such as IrieTours West side one that will take you to several if you are comfortable booking an independent tour company.

Or for a different experience, check out Back2Nature private jeep tours, they will customize a tour for you.

Tell Gina Bridget M. sent you!

There is also the Blue Bay beach which has a bar and restaurant

and is not too far from Willemstad. We took the bus there.

We are planning to go to BB when we're in Curacao in January but had planned to take a cab...how easy/difficult was it to find a bus and how often do they go by the beach? How long did it take to get there from the cruise pier and how much did it cost? Thanks!! Don't see BB mentioned here all that often...

We are planning to go to BB when we're in Curacao in January but had planned to take a cab...how easy/difficult was it to find a bus and how often do they go by the beach? How long did it take to get there from the cruise pier and how much did it cost? Thanks!! Don't see BB mentioned here all that often...

Seconded ^^^^^^^

Will be there in December and I think BB might be the choice............

Hi bup1224!

As a resident, could I impose on you and ask if you have any info regarding my above post? Would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi bup1224!

As a resident, could I impose on you and ask if you have any info regarding my above post? Would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nate!

When we used to vacation here, we always rented a car so I can't give you info on busses.

Blue Bay is a great place to go, we go there too, just not on days when ships are in port.

Hi Nate!

When we used to vacation here, we always rented a car so I can't give you info on busses.

Blue Bay is a great place to go, we go there too, just not on days when ships are in port.

Thanks so much for all your info. Super appreciate it.

One more question if I may.

Getting a taxi - are there available van options? or mainly just cars?

Family of 4 for us, travelling with another family of 4, wondering if we can all go together.

Thanks so much for all your info. Super appreciate it.

One more question if I may.

Getting a taxi - are there available van options? or mainly just cars?

Family of 4 for us, travelling with another family of 4, wondering if we can all go together.

Nate ask away, I love helping others enjoy their day on my beautiful island of Curacao.

There are van taxi options available, just make sure the license plate had a "TX" as that signifies an official taxi.

we will be in Curacao in Dec and our stop there is for 13 hrs....looking to go to the beach and eat...there will be 17 of us....best beach to go to...best way to get there from the cruise port and good places to eat....ages range from 7 to adult

thanks!!!!

Ditto to this question! It's 18 of us and we will be there tomorrow. Any assistance would be great!

Ditto to this question! It's 18 of us and we will be there tomorrow. Any assistance would be great!

So happy I saw your post. I am traveling with others who have trouble walking very far. Could you let me know how long it takes to walk from the ship to the end of the pier? I was hoping there would be some form of transportation to help get them there but not finding out any definite answers in that. Let me know what beach you decide on too. We are still figuring all of that out.