Questions about Vista Suites and Spa Terrace

golfguyhhi

I've booked a cruise on the Riviera in a Vista Suite. I know from several posts that people feel the balcony of a Vista Suite is essentially unusable when underway at sea due to the wind. I'm thinking that in a port-intensive cruise that might not be such a problem.

However, I also see a lot of posts where people talk about how much they enjoy using the Spa Terrace loungers and pool/hot tub, and not just in port but while the ship is underway.

I'm confused.

The Spa Terrace is only a deck or two above the Vista Suites. How could the wind conditions vary so much between the two? Or is there something I don't know about how the Spa Terrace is laid out?

If you have cruised in a Vista Suite AND used the Spa Terrace while underway, can you help me understand what appears to be a contradiction?

Thanks!!!

On both our cruises we had free access to the Spa Terrace,but didn’t use it alot.It can get very hot up there.We also found on the last cruise that a group of European friends,bagged at least 3 seats per couple.It can be boring, asking then to move.If it’s quiet up there it can be relaxing.

The pools are very hot as are the showers.I wouldn’t pay to go up there.