Ovation of the seas room 8262 high enough balcony view?

buymeanapple

Hi All,

I have never cruised before and I am planning a 7 day Alaskan cruise on Ovation of the Seas for next summer. We found a cabin that looks like it has a slightly bigger balcony than the rest for the same price and were thinking about booking it. My only concern is that it is only on deck 8.

I know nothing about picking rooms on a cruise ship so I was hoping that someone could give me their insight and opinions. This cabin is surrounded top and bottom with rooms so we shouldn't have to worry about public area noises in the evenings.

Here is a link to the deck plans of the Ovation of the Seas for your convenience: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/ovation-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1900/03

Thanks for all of your help!

P.S. I was also thinking cabin 10650 because it is higher but it is by the elevators...Is that going to be super noisy?

Edited by buymeanapple
forgot to add note about 10650

You will have an awesome view on either deck 8 or deck 10....no worries. 10650 isn't very close to the elevator FOYER....noise isn't an issue. The stairs and elevators are accessed INSIDE the foyer....they do NOT open into the hallways!

You will have an awesome view on either deck 8 or deck 10....no worries. 10650 isn't very close to the elevator FOYER....noise isn't an issue. The stairs and elevators are accessed INSIDE the foyer....they do NOT open into the hallways!

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Would it be better on deck 10 then because it's closer to more of the activities? One of my other concerns was noise in our cabin at night but you dispelled that for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on athem of the seas the sister ship to ovation and we were in cabin 9648 loved the location no noise and very convenient.

We are going on ovation in August 2019 and are on deck 10 near the elevators. Loved the location. Have a great cruise. :)