Newbie to Oceania with a reservation question please

Marie50

So you are allowed to make specialty restaurant reservation 45 days in advance of your cruise correct?? Am I able to do this online??

Also, how many reservations are you allowed with an interior room on a 10 day cruise??

Are you allowed any additional reservations once onboard??

Also, is the Main Dining Room considered one of your allotted reservations??

Thank you so much for any help!!

So you are allowed to make specialty restaurant reservation 45 days in advance of your cruise correct?? Yes Am I able to do this online?? Yes

Also, how many reservations are you allowed with an interior room on a 10 day cruise??

Varies with the ship class but for your 10 day interior is same on both: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Yes, if they are available and you have a better chance at getting them if the time and table size is flexible. Also the demand varies hugely with the cruise - some there are very few and some on some days they can be looking for customers. cannot be predicted

No, the GDR does not accept reservations; come when you want.

O has improved their FAQ section as it is now searchable (using zendesk it seems)

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-Enjoy your cruise

Yes, you can make the reservations on-line.You do it through the My Account link. All inside cabins get 1 reservation per restaurant . Once on the ship you can get additional reservations but only for the day you request. You go to the main desk and they will let you know what is available and if there is nothing th;et will put you on a waiting list and let you know. The main dining room is open seating—you just show up when you want to eat. If there is a wait, it’s usually not too long.

Yes, you can make the reservations on-line.You do it through the My Account link. All inside cabins get 1 reservation per restaurant . Once on the ship you can get additional reservations but only for the day you request. You go to the main desk and they will let you know what is available and if there is nothing th;et will put you on a waiting list and let you know. The main dining room is open seating—you just show up when you want to eat. If there is a wait, it’s usually not too long.

Depending on the ship and itinerary, it is occasionally possible to do multiple days' specialty reservations once onboard and underway.

You can increase your chances of getting the specific day you want if you are willing to share a table with other passengers and if you can be flexible about the time of the reservation. Sea days and early port departure days are more popular than days when passengers return to the ship late, so it may be harder to get a reservation on those dates. We have also found that it's easier to get a reservation on the day of departure. Be aware that 45 days out begins at midnight. If you live in the far west, you can log on at 9:00 pm the day before as that will be midnight in Miami. Enjoy your cruise and the wonderful dining experiences that are a big part of it.

Harriet

Good information! I am also new to Oceania and my question is we have the beverage package and when we board Riviera where do I go to purchase your premium liquor package? To upgrade and pay the additional $20.00 pp on board. On HAL I’d go to front desk onboard, Thanks so much. Looking forward to our TA on Riviera.

Denise😊

Good information! I am also new to Oceania and my question is we have the beverage package and when we board Riviera where do I go to purchase your premium liquor package? To upgrade and pay the additional $20.00 pp on board. On HAL I’d go to front desk onboard, Thanks so much. Looking forward to our TA on Riviera.

Denise😊

It used to always be Guest Relations, on our most current cruise they had a desk set up as you came in, and one by Waves Bar pushing the packages. They gave you a sheet with room number and the servers ID so they would get credit for it. I think you still had to take it to guest relations. Not sure as I didn't get the drink package until the last 3 days of the cruise.

Perhaps this is because a lot of people aren't aware of the drink package or another new way to increase revenue.

If you don't get the drink package until 3 days before disembarkation, is it prorated?

Yes, you only pay for the days you get it. But once you start it's until the end of the cruise.

Yes, you only pay for the days you get it. But once you start it's until the end of the cruise.

I thought they required purchase by day 2. Has something changed?

I might consider buying if I could do it on day 4 of our cruise next week. I would still be on the losing end, most likely, but the small difference after that point in the cruise could be viewed as a convenience factor.

End of the "segment" if it is an extended journey consisting of 2 or more segments. Same thing with pre-cruise dinner reservations: your allotment is per "segment" and the allowed number(s) per segment must fall within the segment's dates.

I thought they required purchase by day 2. Has something changed?

I might consider buying if I could do it on day 4 of our cruise next week. I would still be on the losing end, most likely, but the small difference after that point in the cruise could be viewed as a convenience factor.

Like many things what the policy is and what happens on the ship are two different things.

End of the "segment" if it is an extended journey consisting of 2 or more segments. Same thing with pre-cruise dinner reservations: your allotment is per "segment" and the allowed number(s) per segment must fall within the segment's dates.

So you could start over again on the next segment, and wait a few days into it or not take it at all?

Edited by ORV

So you could start over again on the next segment, and wait a few days into it or not take it at all?

I imagine this would be the case for a B2B with 2 different booking numbers but not the case on a GV with 2 (or more) segments?

I imagine this would be the case for a B2B with 2 different booking numbers but not the case on a GV with 2 (or more) segments?

Per-segment everything (except for O Club points and multiple air fare credits) is the case for those multi-segments marketed as "extended cruises" (usually only two B2B segments). There are some multi-segment cruises (usually 3+) marketed as "Grand Voyages." But, it would be a tremendous disincentive to not permit the food reservations and booze packages to be done per segment (as IS the case with the "extended journeys").

As for buying booze package days into segment 2, I've never done it since we usually only do the "prestige package" on single segment cruises of less that three weeks.

Yes, each segment is treated as an individual cruise, in this regard.

I believe that there was some concern in the home office about the ramifications of unleashing the open bar dragon over too long a time.

It used to always be Guest Relations, on our most current cruise they had a desk set up as you came in, and one by Waves Bar pushing the packages. They gave you a sheet with room number and the servers ID so they would get credit for it. I think you still had to take it to guest relations. Not sure as I didn't get the drink package until the last 3 days of the cruise.

Perhaps this is because a lot of people aren't aware of the drink package or another new way to increase revenue.[/quote

Thanks so much ORV!!!

We will be boarding at 11:00 so our first goal is to add the premium liquor package once onboard. I will go to guest relations to get it done.

Appreciate the help!

Denise 😊

If I do a second reservation in the same restaurant is it for free or do I have to pay ?

There is never a charge for an Oceania Specialty Restaurant, but the whole point of this thread is that extra reservations are not offered until Oceania is convinced that all passengers have had a shot at their guaranteed number.

If I do a second reservation in the same restaurant is it for free or do I have to pay ?

If what you mean is "Can I use more than my allotted pre-cruise reservation slots for any particular restaurant?": The answer is "No." if your cabin class and itinerary length states "one (or two, etc) for each specialty restaurant," the Oceania web tool will only allow that. Likewise, if you are doing an "extended journey" (B2B sold as single cruise), you must make your allotted pre-reservations per segment (rather than all or most during one segment).

Of course, once onboard, you could change or add as many reservations as you want. Each ship will have a designated station for daily specialty reservations (e.g., port side entrance to Terrace Cafe). The more flexible you are about time and sharing tables, the better your chances of scoring extra reservations and remember that there is never an extra charge.

As pointed out by others, additional reservations, if available, are free. This is in contrast to some “luxury” lines like Crystal where extra reservations will be charged to your account (despite the fact that your cruise on Crystal will be significantly more expensive) :(

Worthy of considering: O drinks are $10-25 depending @ The pour is on the skimpy side most wishing a regular drink order doubles...or more. a 18% tip is added to everything with booze in it $25 corkage per bottle.

If you have lots of sea days the amount you will probably spend is or will be far greater than you anticipate. It is very, very easy to be in a warm tropical region, at sea day and discover your spending well over 100-150 pp !!!

Many opt for the 2 for 1 at Happy hour 5-6 and 10-11 both of which can be real crowd events similar to after Christmas sales at walmart that some endure and love to fight for a space. You will save but pay a price for it.

On the other hand, if its a port intensive...port-port-port the package might not be as good a value as you not around the bars all day long

If you choose the basic wine and beer during meals, consider its only $20 more for everything all the time and a wise purchase... but only for certain and physical time restraints.

Its best not to pre-buy a package till the 2nd or even better 3rd day of the cruise so that you can calculate just what it is really costing you without a package.. ( the second day is the captains welcome and has free drinks for about 2 hours)

Then if your habits warrant, buy a package

Consider that with a package and unlimited drinks each day, after 10 days you may get to a point where your drinking less and less. Recognize your not 22 any more on spring break and there will be a point where liquor in unlimited quantity looses its appeal. On a 21 day cruise I have observed, and you might have too, that people eat and drink less and less each day. The company recognizes this too and booking you a 14 day or 21 or 28 day package is highly profitable.

The final option is bring your own and sip in the cabin.... or discover, like many that you can be very happy without drinking.

Hope this helps you make a decision

Worthy of considering: O drinks are $10-25 depending @ The pour is on the skimpy side most wishing a regular drink order doubles...or more. a 18% tip is added to everything with booze in it $25 corkage per bottle.

If you have lots of sea days the amount you will probably spend is or will be far greater than you anticipate. It is very, very easy to be in a warm tropical region, at sea day and discover your spending well over 100-150 pp !!!

Many opt for the 2 for 1 at Happy hour 5-6 and 10-11 both of which can be real crowd events similar to after Christmas sales at walmart that some endure and love to fight for a space. You will save but pay a price for it.

On the other hand, if its a port intensive...port-port-port the package might not be as good a value as you not around the bars all day long

If you choose the basic wine and beer during meals, consider its only $20 more for everything all the time and a wise purchase... but only for certain and physical time restraints.

Its best not to pre-buy a package till the 2nd or even better 3rd day of the cruise so that you can calculate just what it is really costing you without a package.. ( the second day is the captains welcome and has free drinks for about 2 hours)

Then if your habits warrant, buy a package

Consider that with a package and unlimited drinks each day, after 10 days you may get to a point where your drinking less and less. Recognize your not 22 any more on spring break and there will be a point where liquor in unlimited quantity looses its appeal. On a 21 day cruise I have observed, and you might have too, that people eat and drink less and less each day. The company recognizes this too and booking you a 14 day or 21 or 28 day package is highly profitable.

The final option is bring your own and sip in the cabin.... or discover, like many that you can be very happy without drinking.

Hope this helps you make a decision

We usually sign up for the premium plan the second half of our cruise and bring our own on board for the first half unless we choose the beverage plan for O choice. Than we sign up for the premium plan the first day. We find we always get our moneys worth mainly because we can drink higher end liquor which we prefer, but are to cheap to spring for if we have to pay. Also we do not care for the happy hours because as mentioned previously they are very crowded and finding a seat is a real challenge.

So you are allowed to make specialty restaurant reservation 45 days in advance of your cruise correct?? Am I able to do this online??

You can book one reservation at each speciality restaurant prior to sailing. You can book again while onboard, if there are any free tables.

The Main dining room ie the grand dining room, is not one of your allotted reservations. There are no allotted times for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just turn up at whatever time suits you during the GDR opening times.

Afternoon tea is served every day at 4 prompt.

We’ve never spent $100-150pp on drinks on any cruiseline. If we did then we’d end up with cirrhosis!

As for the two happy hours being like a Christmas sale in Walmart, there are not enough people onboard to be that busy. Most of the time when we enjoyed the 5-6 happy hour in the Martini lounge our friends and us were the only people drinking there.