OLife

laserboi

For our January cruise I took O'Life with the air credit.

(The air credit was $3000)

I took the excursion choice. I booked six excursions for my husband and myself (12 excursions). Six were included and got a 25% discount on the other six. I got $2,500 worth of excursions for $1,100. The O'Life cost $600. I came out $800 ahead. Plus we have included wifi for each of us.

For our January cruise I took O'Life with the air credit.

(The air credit was $3000)

I took the excursion choice. I booked six excursions for my husband and myself (12 excursions). Six were included and got a 25% discount on the other six. I got $2,500 worth of excursions for $1,100. The O'Life cost $600. I came out $800 ahead. Plus we have included wifi for each of us.

Just wondering - was you air credit $3000 or $300?

Also, the included internet is for only 1 device at a time - you can use any number of devices but only one at a time (for most cabins). You’d better check on that.

Edited by Paulchili

Plus we have included wifi for each of us.

Are you in a top suite?

PH & below on get 1 free internet account per cabin & only 1 device at a time can be online

You can purchase a second account if you want

Are you in a top suite?

PH & below on get 1 free internet account per cabin & only 1 device at a time can be online

You can purchase a second account if you want

Yes. Oceania suite. So much to learn with a new cruise line. And they changed some of the rules after I booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. Oceania suite. So much to learn with a new cruise line. And they changed some of the rules after I booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OC suites get access for 2 devices then

<<OLIFE CHOICE

*Standard terms apply, in addition: OLife Choice offer is subject to change on 1/5/19. OLife Choice amenities are per stateroom, based on double occupancy and subject to change. Free Internet is one per stateroom; Owner’s, Vista & Oceania Suites receive access for two devices per suite. >>

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

What did they change after you booked?

Edited by LHT28

LHT28 -

When I booked our first Oceania cruise in November 2017 for Canada and New England in October 2019, we chose the O'Life option without air to get the free wifi for two devices. The Oceania Suite only included one device. Later they included free wifi for everyone. We later booked our second Oceania cruise (which we will actually take first) for January 2019. The O'Life Excursion choice worked out so well for us financially that I have decided to keep it for the other booking.

When we booked our first cruise the agent went over the Loyalty program with me. He was very nice to then let me know that the levels and perks were changing in 2019. This does not really affect me as it is much harder to advance with Oceania as opposed to the other cruise lines we have traveled with.

I was not complaining about Oceania in any way. So far we are very much looking forward to our upcoming cruises.

I do admit that I had some frustration with the web-site this weekend, but that happens with all booking engines. Hopefully they will get it ironed out soon.

I have read several threads where seasoned Oceania loyalists do not take the O'Life option. I actually think that it is a great way to spend our travel dollars (so far) with the excursion choice. I have found that if you choose to fly First or Business class, the airfare option is not good and you end up paying more than if booking direct.

LHT28 -

When I booked our first Oceania cruise in November 2017 for Canada and New England in October 2019, we chose the O'Life option without air to get the free wifi for two devices. The Oceania Suite only included one device. Later they included free wifi for everyone. We later booked our second Oceania cruise (which we will actually take first) for January 2019. The O'Life Excursion choice worked out so well for us financially that I have decided to keep it for the other booking.

When we booked our first cruise the agent went over the Loyalty program with me. He was very nice to then let me know that the levels and perks were changing in 2019. This does not really affect me as it is much harder to advance with Oceania as opposed to the other cruise lines we have traveled with.

I was not complaining about Oceania in any way. So far we are very much looking forward to our upcoming cruises.

I do admit that I had some frustration with the web-site this weekend, but that happens with all booking engines. Hopefully they will get it ironed out soon.

I have read several threads where seasoned Oceania loyalists do not take the O'Life option. I actually think that it is a great way to spend our travel dollars (so far) with the excursion choice. I have found that if you choose to fly First or Business class, the airfare option is not good and you end up paying more than if booking direct.

yes sometimes the O LIFE deal works better for some

we do not do the shorex preferring private tours or just DIY

I agree the air is better to do your own or pay the deviation and choose the flights you want

last cruise we booked our own BUS seats for less than O would charge

next cruise we took O air with the PE seat option

you have to do your research and choose what works best for you

hope you enjoy your O cruise

We have learned you can book the cruise with inclusive features like air, O life- then make adjustments to the booking at final payment. So far, we have canceled Oceania air every time. We’ve canceled the O life a few times too.

O life excursions are not a bad deal. But you must read the tour descriptions carefully to find the best value. It all depends on the ports.

One additional wrinkle - *if* your TA gives lots of OBC (whether each voyage or for the particular itinerary), and *if* you would otherwise take the OBC benefit of OLife, and *if* you are doing your own air, then you *might* come out ahead doing cruise-only.

Our TA is a member of a consortium, and in addition has enough customers on certain cruises to get group benefits. For one of our upcoming cruises, we came out with more benefits from the TA than OLife offered, so the TA processed the reservation as cruise-only (spouse was concerned until we did the math lol). The other upcoming cruise, OLife made sense. So let your TA help guide you, (or at least do the math each time on your own).

And then, at 10 cruises, O removes the gratuity charge and provides additional OBC/SBC. A good TA will add to those perks and, if a NCLH shareholder, additional OBC/SBC is received. If O’Life choice is a good value really depends on the individuals perspective and desires. It has for us on our first few cruises but, at our status now, less so.