Anyone else playing "fire sale" chicken right now?

NancyW12

I watched last summer to see how this all went and noticed the super cheap cabins hit between 14-30 days from sail, but that's not realistic to get a good transatlantic flight. I have my plane ticket purchased to Barcelona and now I am waiting to see whether I end up on Princess or NCL for a matching cruise.

Anyone else ever done this and how did it work out for you?

First of all, i haven't done this, fire sale chicken! I think this is a great idea though. Book a flight and then pick the best deal cruise. I can tell you that I was booked on Celebrity Millenium from Yokohama Apr 26. Prices did NOT go down as they had in the past so I moved booking to Golden Princess Apr 27. Volendam was Apr 25. All from Yokohama to North America. Paid in full for Golden ..... Several weeks later Celebrity went way, way down and I would have been totally annoyed if I had kept that reservation. Then Princess dropped and we went from inside guarantee to assigned balcony cabin. Very happy. Celebrity went sold out then cabins available again at a rate slightly less than we paid originally. Princess balconies have shot up in price again......

So this is roller coaster ride and I'm very happy with where we are now. I think if there are 3 cruises to choose from you are good. You can check the "scanner" website you can see what you have to work with. Remember European train trips are quick and reasonable and fun and pretty easy. I think this sounds great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums